Chapter 5

Newt all but shoved me.

"CARSON! HOW COULD YOU NOT TELL ME SOONER!" I covered my ears.

Two hours earlier-

"Newt, I might have a crush on Gally." I rushed out. His face went pale. Oh god?! I didn't hurt his feelings did I!?

"Carson, I." He stuttered.

"Newt? Your scaring me, spit something out." I was starting to get worried. He pulled me into a hug.

"You know what this means?!" He grinned. I was beginning to regret telling him.

"Okay so we'll make Gally like you and then.." I cut him off of his rambling.

"Shut up and leave. You tell another soul I will end you, got it?" He laughed.

"YES MA'AM."

I felt a tap on the shoulder. I looked up and saw Ben.

"Carson hey, can I talk to you?" I said sure and walked towards an area quite but we could be seen. Awkward, I see Gally staring at me. Is he jealous? I wondered. Probably not Carson stop getting your hopes up!

"Well you see Carson. After a few hours you came here, I thought you were pretty." I started to panic, please no not Ben! Please don't let this be happening!
He continued, "And I thought maybe me and you, could be together? Like work something out?" He scratched the back of his head. I gulped.

"Ben I'm sorry but I don't feel that way towards you." I glanced at him only to find him walking away, kicking stuff, shouting. And everyone staring at me.

"Alby!" I shouted. "Where's Newt?" He sighed.

"It's Newts off day. I don't know where he is." I started looking around, panicking again. I felt someone grab my arm.

"Carson I heard you were looking for me?" Newt said. And then I started crying.

"Newt I'm scared! Ben likes me and he got all mad because I turned him down! I feel scared, vulnerable and worst of all mean." I was pulled into a hug. It felt warm and I felt comforted.

"I'll keep you safe from Ben if anything freaky happens. Cross my slinthead heart." He patted my back. "You go back, I'm telling the medjacks your not working. They'll understand."

I nodded my head and started to walk off, I was looking around and I saw Gally walking towards the woods carrying an axe. He didn't go far and I could see him where I lay. So I watched him. I was taking a nap when a shadow formed above me.

"Hmm?" I mumbled.

"Heh. The names Minho." Minho said. He was tall, Asian eyes. Black hair. Adorable, I thought. But not as cute as Gally.

"Can I help you?" I asked, sitting up.

"Yeah you can, Ben Isn't doing is job today and I can't have that happen." He stated.

"Ben basically asked me out, I said no and he stomped off." I said. He looked at me, then Gally. Then back at me. Minho smirked.

"Carson you might not know it but ALOT of guys here Like you, including Gally." I went pale. He knew.

"When did Newt tell you." My voice darkening. He gulped.

"When Ben asked you out." My eyes got teary again.

"Minho you don't understand I don't feel safe. Not even in Newts arms. And before you say anything. Newt is only my bestfriend. As Chuck because I'll hear something about it." I laughed.

"Well I'm off, see you around." And Minho left. I went back to my day dreaming and thought of me and Gally. I knew for a fact that I would only feel safe in his arms, and I also Knew how unrealistic that was.

--

Wow I'm on a writing spree! I might update a lot on some days and others not. I'm not going to be writing this were in the same chapter they meet and they fall in love. I believe in slow and steady. Because that's how the story starts! (: Until next time Gladers!