Breakdown | Angst

JJ x male reader

You were worried sick.
Unbelievably worried.

"What is it Y/N? You've been quiet all day.", you stopped staring at JJ and faced Pope, taken aback by his question. "I don't know. I just - I feel like somethings up, like somethings coming.", you sighed loudly, "Maybe I'm just tired man. I'll go take a nap, see you."

You walked in the Chateau, waving at Pope and walked in the guest room. You were surprised when you saw a unknown girl sleeping in the bed. Without thinking you pushed her off and she violently fell on the wooden floor. And soon you were deep asleep.

"You okay JJ?", the statement made the blondie's eyes pop out of his skull. He was quick to smirk and pat your head. " 'Course I'm okay, stupid.", you simply hummed skeptical. After a minute, blondie discreetly asked in an hush tone if you were crashing at the Chateau tonight. "Yeah. And so you know, you're the one who's sleeping on the couch. The bed's for me."

But at night, you were woken up by the bed weighting down by someone laying down. After a minute, that someone cuddled to your side and from the smell of weed you knew instantly who had joined you. You decided to act like you were still asleep not to frightened him. You let him crawled in your embrace that you tightened once he was comfortable. He froze, "You awake?" and he was pleased when you didn't answer.

The next morning, the blond was nowhere to be seen. Actually, he disappeared for days and that worried your brain to death. The gang noticed that you kept asking about JJ everyday, even if it was commun for the boy to disappear. Their answers were always the same, so you just did your best not to intrude JJ's privacy and acted like you didn't really mind.

You still waited on the porch for hours at night, reading until your eyes were closing by themselves. And at some point, it happens. You heard some footsteps and suddenly his faces appear to the light emerging from the porch. He froze when he crossed eyes with you. You immediately noticed his bruised jaw and hand marks around his neck. He slowly joined you on the couch, slowly sitting down muffling a gasp. 'You, of course, didn't go at the hospital, right?', 'I only blacked out for ten minutes. I'm fine.'

You were waiting outside of a room, the bright lights of the hospital making your head hurts. You hated hospitals with your guts, but you just had to make sure that idiot was okay. If you were honest with yourself, you'll admit you were in love with the boy a long time ago, but since you were in denial, you had to make sure your friend was okay.

'See, I'm fine.' You scoffed, waiting for the boy to close the van door. 'You call having a concussion fine. Are you mad?'

Apparently having a concussion didn't stop him from going fishing the next morning with JB. JB who didn't mentioned any of JJ's bruising. You gave up at this point, all those anxiety was killing you. You went back to sleep, and woke up to arms around your waist. You sighed and got out of the grip as delicately as you could. You sat on the edge of the bed, and after a minute or two, you felt the bed moving. You exited the room quickly, and headed to the fridge.