② 𝓐 𝓝𝓮𝔀 𝓑𝓮𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰

Upon reaching Yotsuba island, [Y/N]'s new journey begins. The years go by quickly and the girl realizes her dream is closer than she thought it would be.

"𝓦-hat the hell do you mean she's dead?! We were training together last night, you're lying!!"

"Zoro, please calm down. The girl went missing after you dropped her at the dorms. Her body..it was found in a river."

"This can't be...real."

-

When the young girl arrived at Shells town, she met a woman who claimed to be Takeda's old friend, however, [Y/N] was too affected by her master's words.

Trust no one.

The woman was taken back when the fourteen year old girl scoffed at her and ran into the depths of the busy town, a heavy sword strapped to her back.

"Cute," is what the woman thought to herself, smiling as she went back inside her bar. She had her beliefs that [Y/N] will come back to her at some point that week.

[Y/N] doesn't know how, but she was doing decently; not too bad, yet it was not good enough. The small amount of money she always had on her from Takeda, but never got to spend it on anything since she never bothered going out– it was helping her buy bread and juice...every day for a week. Hiding on top of trees to sleep, she always woke to her grumbling tummy and a sickening headache; she did not understand the importance of a balanced meal, but all she wanted was to survive...somehow.

It was not good, especially when she continued training on her own behind the trees of the woods.

Sweat dripped down her chin as she swung her sword, [Y/N] squinted, trying her best to keep her focus on the shiny blade while ignoring the nausea and pain that were building up in her. It was just a few mere seconds, yet it felt like eternity, her hands loosened around the blade, and involuntarily, she began puking out stomach acid and the little juice she had before training.

Master, sorry but I think..I might die here...

It was the last thing she thought before collapsing on her side.

The faint sounds of chatter awoken [Y/N], her face scrunched into a frown when she gained her consciousness back, the bright light was bothersome to her eyes.

"Waha! She's finally awake," a feminine voice cheered.

"Good grief, Takeda sent us a nuisance," a deep voice gruffed out.

"Heeyy don't say that, she's just a kid!"

[Y/N]'s narrowed eyes glared at the buff man, to which he glared right back at her.

"Where is my sword?" [Y/N] sternly asked.

"Tsk," he rolls his eyes and storms out of the small room.

"That's my brother, sorry about him. Your sword is in that closet," the brown haired woman points at the locked door in the corner of the room. " Anyway, I'm glad you're awake now! Come on, let's get you something to eat!" she clasps her hands together and smiles at [Y/N].

When [Y/N]'s lips parted, ready to spit out another rejection to the woman, a loud gurgle echoed from her tummy – her face deepend into a red hue out of embarrassment. The woman giggles, she reaches for [Y/N]'s hands and pulls her off the bed.

"Takeda will scold me if I let his kid starve any longer," she grins, showing her perfect white pearls.

His kid..?