Chapter 6: Mia Osaka

Touki high school was much, much bigger than Ouran. Much. In fact, it was probably twice the size. It was surrounded by an extremely tall bushy hedge, so thick that you would think it went on forever. A pair of even taller black gates were in front of the schoolyard, sealing in a beautiful multicolor garden full of flowers and cherry blossoms trees. Two fountains large enough to be mini pools were on either side of the garden, in the middle of flower beds. A dirt path went through the center of the garden, leading to a set of doors sated on top of a bright white staircase. Everything was very white (and not in a racist way) about the school. The walls were white and bare, the ceilings were speckled white, and the floors were so white and waxed you could see your reflection in it as you walked along. Many doors were lined up on the walls, all open but a few. Inside them were identical looking classrooms containing teenagers around the age of Kaoru. Long, winding staircases were at the ends of the main hallway, spiraling up to another floor. They were white as well. The limo driver had let Kaoru off at the gates and he was now making his way down the white hall. He felt very insecure, very out of place in tho strange school. He passed students walking in big groups, all smiling as laughing. They all wore the same uniform as him, the girls with skirts instead of pants. He couldn't help but think that this red was a bit dreary looking, especially in this glistening white school. He liked the light blue of Ouran's uniforms better. Alone, Kaoru slid around kids, determined to do one task only, find his classroom. He didn't have to search long, a relief for Kaoru, he found his room just before the spiraling staircase on the right side of the hallway. He entered and saw tons of kids all around, making no effort to use an inside voice. They practically yelled to eachother and threw things across desks and over people's heads. This couldn't be Kaoru's class. After a few moments of standing in the doorway with silent confusion, a young looking girl with short black hair stood up from her seat, a couple feet away from Kaoru. A big group of giggly girls were standing around her desk and followed her with their eyes as he ventured over to Kaoru and met his own. She just stared at him of what seemed like forever before actually opening her mouth to speak. "Wow, he's really cute!" She giggled and took a step closer to Kaoru, who was beginning I feel very uncomfortable. "Hmm... Auburn hair... Beautiful eyes... I like him." The girl unexpectedly grabbed hold of Kaoru's hand as dragged him over to her desk. The girls around it moved away, uncertain looks on their faces. "My name is Mia. Yours is...?" She raised her eyebrow. "Um... Kaoru Hitachiin." Some if the girls blushed out of the corner of Kaoru's eyes, others took a step closer and some stayed perfectly still, waiting for what he was going to do next. Not Mia. She squealed and squeezed his hand even harder. "That's such an adorable name! Kaoru! Were gonna be best friends. You little cutie!" The intense yet sweet look in Mia's eyes showed that Kaoru really didn't have a choice. Well, he thought, if I'm gonna be here, I might as well make the most of it. Kaoru stared into Mia's chocolate brown eyes. "Sure. Let's be best friends." He knew that Mia didn't actually want to be friends. She wanted something a little more. He was willing to take a chance.

It's been a while since the last chapter... I've had a lot on my plate, so I had some free time today and decided to write the next chapter. Don't be upset if the next chapter takes a while too. Thx for reading!