Chapter 5

Lumine seems to have a bored expression on her face while holding the blade's defense to protect Eren from that coward captain named Kitz Woerman. She know what happened and decided that she would not interrupt or talk back to him as she felt useless to have a deal with them. She would let Eren decide it by himself. She seemed done with Woerman who was never responsible at the cadet's death. She was growled when she heard that Woerman wanted to treason them because of Eren's transformation. She had given them a dark glare which scared them especially Captain Woerman who seemed to shiver at her. Lumine know what will happen to them but she is never scared about that.

Lumine know that Eren will protect them. Mikasa overhears him, and threatens to brutally kill anyone who tries to harm Eren. Another soldier informs the captain that Mikasa is one of their best soldiers, and it would be a great loss if she were slain. While Armin suggests fleeing, Eren struggles to remember what has just transpired. He looks at his left arm, and he starts to realize that what he saw was not just a dream. When the captain asks again what he is, Eren knows that his answer affects his friends as well. Eren answers that he is human, but the captain does not buy it, and orders the cannons to fire on his command. Lumine saw it and told Mikasa to grab Eren while she grabbed Armin. Mikasa did what Lumine told her.

At that exact moment, Eren witnesses his father's key coming out of his shirt. Looking at it, Eren recalls him giving him the key, telling him to keep it on him at all times, and then giving him an injection that damaged his memories of that moment. Then he remembers the basement of his former home, with his father saying that although it would be an insanely dangerous journey, they would have everything they would ever need to destroy the Titans, once and for all. He assures Eren that "their memories" will be able to teach him how to use his new powers. Time seems to slow down as he recalls his father telling him that if he wishes to protect Mikasa, Armin and Lumine, he must master his new power. With this, Eren instinctively bites down on his hand and appears to catch the cannonball. When the smoke partially clears, it is shown that Eren has partially transformed into a Titan thus terrifying everyone within range but he did, in fact, save Mikasa, Lumine and Armin by stopping the cannonball with the Titan's hand. Lumine seem amazed at Eren's transformation only by Titan's hand. She was nodded her head in agreement.

Lumine now finally get a way to prevent Eren from attacking Mikasa. She will use her healing titan on Eren and restore his energy without him know. She just need to ruffle his hair and place her power on his head. She just nodded her head saying that she will be fine. She didn't listen to anything else until she listened to Eren talking about something. He states he now has two plans to escape. He explains his first plan: to become a fully-formed Titan and return to Wall Maria. He tells them that the basement of his house is an answer to everything and states that from now on, he must work alone, but Mikasa takes offense to this. While they quarrel, Armin ponders their predicament. Then he remembers that Eren and Mikasa always fought, for him and thinks to himself that even in the end, he acts as a coward. Lumine just shook her head at Armin who not so confidence at himself. But she believe that Eren will convince him which he did. However, Eren then reveals the second plan. If Armin thinks he will be able to persuade the Stationary Guard that he is mankind's ally, Eren will stay. Armin is confused as to why they would rely on him, when Eren states that if he had not told Hannes to go after them, they would have been devoured by Titans five years ago. Upon realization that Eren and Mikasa never thought of him as a burden. He looks at Lumine who just nodded her head to give him the courage to make him feel confident. Armin decides to follow the plan, claiming that he will convince them, just as the cannon is loaded.