Chapter 7

Two days later, Lumine got a new about two titans get killed by someone. Lumine know who is that person but she had keep quiet. Even Marco safe from them, it still happen. Lumine know that will be hard to figured it out about Annie but she will try to make Annie join them. With the two test subjects killed, the soldiers are being investigated for an unauthorized use of omni-directional mobility gear. A soldier cannot believe that one can get punished for killing Titans, but another one says that they were valuable test subjects for them after all. They point out that they were all tired and the cadets are being targeted. Armin says that in reality, this was a blow to mankind. Conny states that he kind of understands the motives of the culprit, stating that he never wants to see a Titan again despite initially wanting to join the Scout Regiment. He then remembers the night of the battle when Eren decided that he was going to join the Scout Regiment as well. Lumine just silent didn't saying anything to him.

Connie then asks Annie for her opinion, but she just tells him to decide on his own. Further discussing the matter, Annie praises Armin for his bravery, with Armin telling her that she is nice after all. Annie then look at Lumine who seem watch the people. Annie had getting closer to Lumine in three years that she felt want to be with her all the time. Lumine had trained her very well. Annie seem reclutant to follow orders that given by them as she think of her father. Annie had a little headache when she tried to heard her father's words. Annie felt hurt and wanted Lumine be safe when the expedition come. She want to protect Lumine as she thought Lumine as her older sister even not by blood. Annie sigh as she focus on her mission. Lumine know that Annie was hard to make her own decision which she will help her. 'Don't worry, Annie. I will save you no matter what. If I have to fight you, I will save you, Annie.' Thought Lumine as she clenched her fist tightly.

Time skip

Later, Erwin Smith stands before them in order to have the soldiers join his branch. He explains about the future mission of the regiment and even reveals the information about the basement of Eren's old house, much to Armin's surprise who wonders if Erwin has some hidden motive. However, Erwin also tells them about the grim future of a Scout Regiment soldier - in the last 4 years, 60% have died. He ends his speech and then dismisses those who want to join other divisions and as many people begin leaving, Jean, Sasha and Conny state that they already saw how Titans eat people, but in the end, they stay and along with Mikasa, Armin, Reiner, Bertholdt, Ymir, Christa, Marco and Lumine salute, as Erwin praises them for overcoming their fears. Erwin smile when he saw Lumine join the survey corps which give advantage to the scouts as Lumine the best soldier like Levi and will save humanity.

The new members then begin their training, however, it consists mostly of remembering Erwin's long-range scouting formation. Lumine can memorize the formation and will start her plan to save them from Annie. She had conversation with Pyxis and tell her plan make Pyxis agree with her. Pyxis had got three members that can help her plan. Pyxis had told Lumine that these three people were his trusted soldiers that can keep her secret. Lumine accept it knowing that was her chance to succeed her plan. Three soldiers were named Lucas, Arthur and Emily. They were the strongest soldier even not in her level. Lumine had discussed with them especially Emily. Lumine told Emily that she will take her place as her height was same as her. Lumine decided to wearing hood to hide her identity. Emily agree with Lumine. Lumine will transform into a titan when the time come. Lumine decided to let Annie kill Dita and his friend. Also the other soldiers as she have a power to make them get alive back. She will save the other formation.

Lumine had snapped out from her thought when she heard Eren's voice. Mikasa and Armin were going over him make Lumine follow them. She know that Eren will be fine because Carla was there with him. Eren saw Lumine and hugged her as he thought her as her older sister. Lumine just patted his head before she let go of him. Eren saw the other join the scouts too and he think that Jean, Annie and Marco join the military police. But it was surprise him when he saw Marco and Jean join the scouts too. Eren more happy when Marco join the scouts. Lumine was scowled at Jean, Reiner and Belthodlt. After they takes the cloak, Jean was question Eren about his titan. He had wonder about what they were fighting for so they can count on him. It was make Eren feel burden with his words. Lumine decided to interrupted Jean by glaring at him.