Chapter 8

The 57th expedition had going to started in five minutes which give Lumine times. Lumine feel glad that she had change her position in formation which be far away from her friends. She had been form in the last team which be Arthur and Lucas. Emily had been prepared at the top of the gates so she will switch place with Lumine. Lumine had been wearing her cloak to hide her face from other people so no one will saw her. The 57th expedition had begin as the gate open. Shortly afterward, Miche Zacharius notices a Titan with his keen smell and even though Hange Zoey is interested in it, the support squad rushes to deal with it in order to keep the Titan away from the main squad. As they engage the Titan, Sasha watches in fear, but her squad leader tells her to focus and just let the supporting squad deal with the situation.

Emily quickly switch place with Lumine as Lumine jump out of her horse. Lumine had nodded her head before going to the hidden place. Lumine had breath softly before she bit her hand make a spark glowing turned her into a female Titan. Lumine had running as she waited for Annie. Lumine know that Annie will appear to capture Eren. Even so, she have to find other soldiers as she know what happen to them. Lumine had come and saw a few soldiers were nearly in a death state make Lumine quickly save them. She had killed titans and save a few of them who survived from titans. After that, Lumine quickly left knowing that they will be fine even she felt a little disappointed of herself who not save anyone. Lumine had arrived where Armin, Ness and Ciss place. When she arrived there, she had saw Annie running forward make Lumine stop herself as she watch it. She know what happen and she will do anything to bring them alive with her power.

As Ness and Cis prepare to attempt the same tactic, the mysterious Titan suddenly increases its speed and rushes through the two soldiers, much to their shock. The two quickly get into action, but it deflects their attacks and counters. They ultimately fail as the Titan kills both of them effortlessly. Armin then watches in horror as the Titan rushes towards him while he tries hard to escape and fears that he will be killed. He realizes that this Titan is not an abnormal Titan, as it is showing signs of intelligence, he concludes that it is a human capable of shifting into a Titan like Eren. Lumine silent as she hide herself feeling upset. She have to wait until Armin, Jean and Reiner are gone so she will save Ness and Cis. As much that she hate Reiner, she have to make sure that Armin and Jean safe even she didn't like Jean's attitude.

As the Titan leaps over Armin and stomps right in front of him, Armin is thrown from his horse, landing facedown on the ground. Before he can get up, the Titan appears above him and Armin is frozen with fear. The Female Titan reaches out and, much to Armin's shock, pulls back the hood of his cloak to reveal his face. He looks at the Female Titan in terror for a few moments before it draws back its hand, stands up, and runs off. Meanwhile, it is revealed that most of the Scouts from the far right of the formation are dead as the Female Titan brought along an army of Titans with it. Armin is mortified, wondering why the Titan did not kill him and why it would need to look at his face. He is found by Reiner, who gives him a fresh horse and asks about the Female Titan. Armin tries to fire off a black signal flare, but Reiner realizes that Jean has caught up to them and has fired the signal himself. Pulling up beside Armin and Reiner, Jean informs them the majority of soldiers in the right wing of the formation were wiped out by an army of Titans that appeared without warning. Armin realizes the Female Titan came from the same direction, and wonders if it somehow led the Titans.

Lumine know why Annie didn't kill Armin. And she didn't have to find out about it. Armin then explains his theory about the Female Titan being a human to Reiner and Jean. He points out that most Titans are only interested in eating people, while the Female Titan deliberately killed Cis and Ness when they attacked it. Given that it did not kill Armin, he concludes that the Female Titan is possibly looking for someone, most likely Eren. Reiner mentions that Eren was supposed to be in the right wing of the formation, but Jean notes that his copy of the plan had Eren in a different place, revealing that the soldiers were given conflicting information about Eren's whereabouts. When Reiner inquires where Eren is in reality, Armin takes a guess, saying that Eren might be positioned in the rear of the formation, which is presumably the safest position.