Part Five

I awoke the following morning in an extraordinarily cheerful mood. I rolled over to face Paul, who was lying peacefully on the bed. I studied his long, black eyelashes and his perfectly arched eyebrows...how could a guy have such perfect eyebrows, yet I had to painfully pluck mine to get a similar shape?

I held my hand up so that the morning light reflected off of my stunning engagement ring. It was encrusted with enchanting emeralds and the silver band shone brighter than the moon.

"I chose the emerald ring because the colour reminded me of your gorgeous green eyes", Paul sat up and gazed at the ring too.

Abruptly, I felt a churning motion in my stomach and ran to the bathroom. I hung over the toilet and  I violently vomited, I clutched the sides of the toilet and started to tremble.

Paul rushed in and held back my hair, "You're not well love, just take it easy and go back to bed."

"This is very unusual, I don't feel right....what if I'm pregnant?" I hadn't thought about becoming pregnant before, I was taking one step at a time.

Paul beamed with happiness, "I would be over the moon if that were to happen. I'd love to start a family with you. I absolutely love kids!"

"You would be an excellent father!" I smiled as I raised my head from the toilet.

The next day followed.....

We waited nervously, tightly holding each others hand as we were waiting for the doctor to reveal whether I was pregnant or not.

Dr. Brown peeked over the rim of his square glasses, "Kathy, your going to have a baby."

Paul and I leaped out of our seats and hugged. He put his hands around my face and went to talk but no words could come out of his mouth. It looks as though he were about to cry as his face was struck with emotion.

***********

London, February 1970

We arrived back in London feeling absolutely delighted, after all what had happened nothing could bring us down.

As far as The Beatles were concerned, they were recording Let it Be, which wasn't going down very well. Not only were each of them recording their own solo work, they were also getting into bother with financial difficulties. Allen Klien was supposedly their new manager, but Paul took a great disliking to him. Allen wansn't to be trusted with the money.

Not long after unpacking we heard a knock at the door, Paul went to open it.

George, Ringo and John were happily standing at the door. "Aren't you gonna let us in?" they chorused, all of them appeared to be in a chirpy mood. Obviously the time apart from each other eased the tension between them.  George lowered his eyes and looked at my stomach then he noticed the sparkling ring, he hid a smile. The bump was kind of noticeable, but only a little bit. The press were also interested in the shape of my stomach and they too speculated that I was pregnant.

Paul and I sat on the sofa enthusiastically. Paul bit his bottom lip, "OK lads I've got something to tell you... We're engaged and Kathy's pregnant!" he sounded so proud.

John raised his eyebrows, then quickly directed his eyes to the floor when Paul looked over at him.

"Congratulations!!" Ringo bellowed from the top of his voice. George came rushing towards us with his arms open wide, "Give is a big cuddle you!" his large teeth were on full show. Ringo soon followed, then John reluctantly dragged his feet over.

The group hug felt amazing, I was wedged in the middle of a 'Beatles sandwich' and all I could feel was love radiating from them. Paul lovingly felt my belly and his eyes were filled with delight. George remarked, "I can't wait to be a dad. I think you'll be brilliant Paul."

I absolutely adored George, he was a good friend of mine, he felt like a brother to me. Over the time I had got to know him, he was always the one who would listen to me. Furthermore, Ringo resembled a care-free child, who I warmed to instantly due to his endearing personality. John, on the other hand, was a tricky character. I could never tell how he was feeling, he always gave off mixed vibes. I always had the impression that he wasn't particularly keen on me. I soon got to find out why John behaved so bizarrely.....