Part Ten

August 1971, Wedding Day

It was a beautiful summer's morning, the sky was a clear blue and the birds were chirping outside.

There was just me and Poppy in the house, Paul was staying over at John's house, as John was his best man.

I walked over to the mirror to look at my wedding dress. It was a gorgeous cream colour with embroidered lace and net sleeves. It was a delicate and fitted style that resembled the one that Grace Kelly wore on her wedding day.

"What do ya think pops?" I looked over at Poppy and she was in her cute bridesmaid dress, it was peach coloured with rose patterns at the hem and she had little rose buds pinned to her sandy curls.

After I had curled my hair and done my makeup, Gemma and my sister arrived in their bridesmaid dresses which matched Poppy's dress. I was so excited because my family had travelled from up north to attend the wedding!

We arrived at the spectacular cathedral that the ceremony was to take place in.

"Aw, Kathy, I'm so nervous to walk down the aisle with you!" Gemma squeezed my hand and me and my sister started to laugh.

"It's me who's gettin' married ya big softy!" I retorted.

The organ started to play. It was time. The doors burst open and I made my was down the aisle. There was Paul standing at the alter with John by his side.. oh my god he looks so handsome, it's as if he has a glowing halo around him!

*****Paul's PoV*****

When I saw Kathy, tears prickled at my eyes, I held them back. She looked horrendous, haha, only kidding, I felt like that because I knew I was going to spend the rest of my life with her and it made me the happiest man alive.

When she stood next to me I knew she felt nervous, even though she appeared confidant. I held her hand and winked at her.

"You look beautiful, love." I whispered.

Kathy smiled back at me, "You too!"

*****Kathy's PoV*****

After the wedding, all of our closest friends and family came back to our house. It was like a mad house because both Paul and I had tons of relatives, all our aunties and uncles and cousins piled into the house...luckily it was big enough to fit them all in!

My boys, The Beatles, all tumbled towards me to congratulate us.

"Alright, Mrs Mccartney! I'm over the moon for ya," George beamed.

Ringo wrapped his arms around Paul and I, "My favourite married couple."

Then John had to go that one step further. He began planting kisses all over our faces. "Haha, John man, knock it off," Paul chuckled.

The drinks were flowing, my mam was dancing to the old records that were playing and all of the old relatives had an old sing song to ww2 tunes, it felt like my childhood was repeating ha!

Then, Paul sat at his piano and called for everyone to be quiet. "Alright,  I've written a song for my beautiful wife and I'm gonna play it to you all." He looked over to me and smiled, "I don't know what I would have done without out you, ever since you fell outside of the studio and hurt yourself, I've been in love with you!"

The crowd of family quietened and Paul began to sing.

"And when I go away,

I know my heart will stay with my love,

it's understood....it's in the hands of my love

And my love does it good!"

It was something that I would expect from Paul, a good old love song. A lovely way to end a marvellous day!