Part One

St. Johns Wood, London 1968.

It had been a couple of months since my friend, Gemma, and I had moved to London. I was an art graduate,  my style was  'avant garde'; and painting ultimately earned me a living.

As I lived in St.Johns Wood, my apartment was just around the corner from Abbey Road Studios. I would pass they're often, while walking home from work. I had never seen The Beatles yet, just a club of Beatle-maniacs paraded at the gates, they're would sometimes camp outside just to see them!

As I was walking home one summers evening, I had a look through the gates. Ahh still no sign of them, I thought, just the same old girls being stalkers ha! Then all of a suden, I tripped over my shoe lace and ended up smacking my face on the pavement! I could here the girls scream and hurl towards me... what on earth was going on? I looked up and miraculously Paul McCartney was stood in front of me, his hand was out so I took as he helped me get up.

"Are you ok love?", he asked, his face looked very concerned.

"Erm, I g-guess so, It was only a fall." I was overwhelmed, everything was such a daze and bloody Paul McCartney was standing in font of my very eyes!

"Come with me, your head is pouring with blood!" he exclaimed.

As soon as I knew it, Paul had me by the hand and was leading me to one of the studios. "Here sit down there, while I get you an ice-pack."

I was in a massive studio, surrounded by John, George and Ringo! They all crowded round me.

“Jesus, what have you done to your head!” John narrowed his eyes at me.

“It’s Kathy to you, and I fell over.” I snapped. I felt so guilty for reacting like that, I was so disorientated though. “Those girls trampled on me too!”

“Oh, they’re the ‘Apple Scruffs’…the eyes and ears of the world.” George said whilst fiddling with a guitar.

Ringo sat next to me and patted my back, he warm smile and piercing blue eyes comforted me.

Paul came rushing over with an ice-pack, from a first-aid kit.

“Ey, you’d think this was a bloody hospital in here,” John sneered.

“Shut up John!” Paul knelt down and pressed it against my head. I winced, but my injury wasn’t too bad, I think Paul over-reacted a bit haha.

George looked up from his guitar, “Guys, I reckon we need to start recording now?”. The others agreed and went to pick up thier instruments.

Hesitantly, I sat back and watched them perform various songs. How lucky was I? I couldn’t believe my luck!

**********

"The harmonies are too low for this song. We'll have to record 'Dear Prudence' once again!" George Martin declared.

"Hang on! Kathy, could you help us with the harmonies?" Paul's puppy-dog eyes bored into me, I couldn't say no.

"Yeah, sure I can." I walked over and wedged between John and Paul. Paul gave me some head phones and put his hand round my waist. I looked at him and he grinned.

"Dear Prudence...."

The recording was perfect, I got chills from that wonderful song.

"So what do you do for a living," George curiously asked, a fuzzy eyebow of his raised.

I smiled, "Oh, I'm an artist. I paint murals, and loads of other stuff!"

"Oh cool, that sounds fun," Ringo packed his drum kit away.

"That's great Kathy, you must be really talented" Paul gazed into my eyes. I couldn't help but stare back..I found my-self getting lost in his gorgeous, hazel eyes. Our gaze broke when John yelled, "That's all for today folks! Time to go out and get hammered!"

I looked down at my watch, "Gosh it's 7pm already! I must go now, Gemma will be worried!"

Paul grabbed my arm, "Hey do you and your friend want to come with us to some clubs tonight?"

 "Yes, that would be great!" I had to remain calm, cool and collected, but inside I wanted to explode!

"We'll be in the club 'Lolas' at around eight, so we'll meet you there." George remarked.

"Yer friend better be hot!" John cackled.

"I bet she's not as hot as you," Paul winked at me.