Part Two

I ran into the apartment and started to prance around Gemma like an excited puppy, "You'll never guess what happe-"

"Kathy, where the hell have you been and what is that on your head?!" Gemma had her arms crossed, I could tell that she was really pissed off.

"It's a long story, I'm so sorry. Basically...." Once I finished explaining everything, Gemma just looked at me, with her jaw hanging.

"WELL WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR YIPPEEE!" She screamed.

We both started dancing and singing, "She loves you yeah, yeah, yeah.."

**********

Free-spirited people dressed in floating, multi-coloured fabrics, swayed beneath the foggy lights of 'Lolas'; the aroma of  alcohol and perfume filled the air.

I noticed The Beatles were sat at a table waving at us, they looked extremely handsome dressed in brightly coloured suits.

Paul patted at the empty seat next to him, "Hello darlin', you look stunning in that dress,"

I sat down and I could feel my face blush, he was such a charmer! "Thanks, you don't look to bad yourself," I remarked. He grinned, that cheesy grin never got old!

Gemma sat  next to John. "Hey, I got you both a drink," his beady eyes gleamed behind his granny glasses.

"Ah thanks John! I'm Gemma by the way," she tucked her red hair behind her ear.

Paul smelled of cigarettes and cologne, I found that appealing.

"Hey do you wanna dance?" he eagerly questioned, placing his hands on top of mine.

"I'd love to!" I beamed.

He took my hand and we made our way into the middle of the dance floor. 'A Whiter Shade of Pale' by Procol Harum started playing. Paul put one arm around my waist and the other arm round my neck, our bodies pressed together as we gently swayed in time to the music.

All of a sudden, my head started to feel really light. All colours, smells, sounds, and other sensations seemed  highly intensified. Hallucinations distorted shapes and movements, and  time was moving very slowly.

I leaned into Paul and we started hysterically laughing.

"Oh my god, Paul what the hell is happening?" I started to worry.

He ignored my question, "Lets sit down." He dragged me over to our table and gave John a black look.

Paul was absolutely furious. "How dare you fucking do this to us!" he yelled.

John laughed, "I thought that we would all go on a trip, so I decided to put some LSD into your drinks,"

Paul sighed, "Well if Kathy and Gemma don't mind..."

"We don't mind!" Gemma responded.

I rolled my eyes, "Fine, whatever. This better be the first and last time this ever happens though!" After all, it's only one time, I'm sure we'll be fine, I reassured myself.

We  piled into Paul's Aston Martin, which seemed to be shrinking, as we made our way to a different club. The car felt smaller and smaller, and by the time we arrived we were completely out of it.

People kept recognising George and coming up to him. They were moving in and out of focus, and looked like animals. We clung to each other.

The club was on an upper floor and we thought the lift was on fire because there was a little red light inside.

"Fuckin' Hell, the lift is on fire!" John screamed. We all scrambled to get out.

As the doors opened, we crawled out and bumped into Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull.

John told them he'd spiked us. The effect of the drug was getting stronger and stronger, and we were all in hysterics.

When we sat down, the table elongated. Hours later we decided to go home. We climbed into the car again and Paul drove at no more than 10mph but it felt as though he was doing 1,000mph.

The journey was extremely long and it was daylight by the time we arrived home. All the while, the night past me in a burred haze.