Part Four

A year and 6 months had past. It was now Demember 1969.

The good news: Me and Paul were in a relationship. I was now living in his gorgeous house, in Cavendish avenue, along with Martha.  We became inseparable, like siamese twins.

Additionally, my friend Gemma had decided to go traveling across Asia, we kept in touch by post card. 

The bad news: The Beatles were falling apart. Awful scenarios were repeating over and over again. Tension was building among the band, cracking the strong bond between them.

 **********

High Park Farm- Kingtyre peninsula

The farm was a retreat for us, a sanctuary when times got tough. It was an area of natural beauty and a sense of home.

We huddled around the crackling log fire as the snow rested on the window pane.

I sipped my hot chocolate and snuggled into the heaps of blankets spread across the floor, Martha rolled onto her back as I brushed her tangled fur.

Paul gently strummed his acoustic guitar whilst humming a new tune he had created, he then carefully rested it against a wooden chair. He glanced at me and promptly started to fumbled around in his trouser pocket and pulled out a little black box.

Is that what I think it is? Millions of thoughts were rushing through my mind at that point in time.

He stroked my knee, "Kathy Privett you are the most caring, optimistic and loving woman that I have ever come across; I truly mean each and every word that I say. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

A tear trickled down my cheek, Paul gently wiped it away, looking willingly into my eyes.

This moment couldn't have been any more perfect. This is one of the most fulfillng moments of my life.

"...YES! Of course I will," I laughed as I playfully dived into his arms as we rolled inbetween the heaps of blankets.

I curled up into his taut chest as he pulled me closer, stroking my waist. He then cupped my face in his hand and traced soft kisses along the side of my jaw. I ran my hands through his silky, dark hair and pressed my lips onto his. I treasured the perfect moment and sighed with pure joy.