Part Seven

****Paul's POV****

I charged through the hospital door to find my beautiful Kathy hooked up to numerous wires. Two doctors held me back, I struggled trying to get to her. "She's my wife!" I screamed.

What if they d-die? I cant loose my precious family. I can't loose anyone else in my life, I won't cope without her. Our baby...

"Sir, you must wait outside. You'll will see her shortly," replied a one of the doctors.

I sat on a chair anxiously, biting my thumb. 

Two hours later....

****Kathy's POV****

I was completely bewildered, I squinted at the harsh lighting flickering above me.

Paul gently stroked my hair, "Your OK darling. Your going to get better, I promise." his face was reassuring as he warmly smiled at me.

"The baby?!" I sharply inhaled, causing excruciating stabbing pains in my lungs.

"The baby survived. There was a slim chance of it staying alive, but it did.." His voice trailed off as he placed both hands on to my belly and lovingly kissed it. 

"Do you know what happened?" I asked. The scenario replayed in my head and I shuddered.

"Yes, John told me. He's a fucking basted." Paul exclaimed through gritted teeth. 

I repeated the story to him,  just incase John distorted the truth. It turned out that he did tell the truth.

After a week of recovery from a serious head injury I was able to leave hospital. As Paul drove us back home in his aston martin, the rain lashed onto the windowscreen. It was a moment of solitude as we reflected upon the unexpected turns of life.