Chapter Sixteen

February 28th was coming up, the day Bradley and Sabrina first met. He had a very special thing planned for that entire week. He normally would just take someone out to ice cream for this, but they had such a special friendship he just had to go all out. Since both of them took a full week and a half break from filming around the time, he planned to take her to the best city in the world with him. She was always craving to go to NYC ever since she's visited, and he was gonna take her there. He already told Sabrina's parents, her best friends, and everything. They wouldn't tell her until the day before they left to make it a surprise. At the moment, Bradley was busy chatting it up with Sincere at the cafe. He ordered both of them a papaya shake, and went back to their table. As he sat down, Sincere watched him.

Sincere: So you're really gonna go to New York City?

Bradley: Yup.

Sincere: Fuck you. I wanna go there so bad....... Maybe Zen could take me there for the summer.

Bradley: How about for spring break?

Sincere: Don't you know anything? The only time New York isn't a real life freezer is in the summer. Even retards know that.

Bradley: Whatever.

Sincere: I gotta hand it to ya, man. You are an awesome friend if you're gonna waste that much money on her.

Bradley: Well, she changed my life for the better. I need to do something special.

Sincere: Are you sure it's just the friendship that's making you do this? I mean..... It sounds pretty romantic...... A five-star hotel in the most over-priced and expensive place in the world...... During the time when the snow is still falling- Central Park looks like a scene from Frozen right now, actually- and the most culturally diverse place in the world, too, where you can treat her to different kinds of cuisines- Man, you're one heck of a- "friend" .

Bradley stopped sipping his shake.

Bradley: Why did you say friend in quotation marks?

Sincere: Ughhhh..... Are you kidding me? Stop the act, Bradley. I already know you're falling in love with her.

Bradley: What? Sincere, no I'm not! Sure, we've known each other for a very long time, and she's beautiful, and we're both single, but that does not mean I love her- or like her!

Sincere: Mmhmm. If you're so not in like or love with her, uh...... Ask Paris out.

Bradley: What? No way!

Sincere: Okay, Fine. If you don't like Sabrina....... Hmm.......... Kiss me.

Bradley's eyes widened.

Bradley: Whhhaaat?

Sincere: You heard me. We're really close friends, so it doesn't matter. Don't worry, it's only a test. Nothing less. Nothing more.

Bradley fidgeted with his drink.

Bradley: Hnnn..... I don't know. What if someone takes a picture of us?

Sincere: Really? Everyone's inside, where there's air conditioning. Plus, I don't see any paps around.

Bradley: Fine! There better be no tongue!

Sincere: UGH! No! I'll save that for Z- -

Bradley looked at her and cocked his head, as if to say, "yeah, yeah, what are you gonna say? Think twice before you open your mouth," .

Sincere: Zmyself.

Bradley: Zmyself?

Sincere: Yup.

Bradley: Whatever. Let's just get this over with.

Sincere: Ready when you are!

Bradley: Yeah, yeah.....

Bradley leaned over the table and planted a kiss on her lips.

Bradley: There. What are my results?

Sincere: First off, you taste like fruit, second, you definitely have feelings for someone that is not me. Most likely Sabrina, hmm?

Bradley: Sincere, no.

Sincere: OMYGOD Bradley! Stop holding back your feelings for- -

Bradley: No, not that. There's a paparazzo in the bushes over there. And I'm pretty sure he took a picture of us.

Sincere: Oh shit. What are we gonna - -

Bradley: Let's go. Right now. We're leaving. C'mon.

He left a tip on the table, grabbed his car keys, and snatched Sincere's arm. He started the engine and drove away from the cafe. He looked concerned.

Sincere: What are we gonna do? What if Zen sees it?

Bradley: To hell with Zen. What about Sabrina? God, I don't want her to think I'm dating anyone-

Sincere: HA!

Bradley: What?

Sincere: You don't want Sabrina to think you're dating anyone because you want her to consider you as fair romance game.

Bradley: Fine, Sincere! Yes, I like her. I like her a lot! Are you happy?

A sly smile spread on Sincere's face as she lay back in the seat.

Sincere: Maybe, cuz I'm sure you're on the brink of loving her.

Bradley: You know what? I'm not talking about this anymore. How about Zenpai, huh?

Sincere: What the f - - Zenpai?

Bradley: Zen. His mother is Japanese.

Sincere: Oh. But how does that explain his looks?

Bradley: His father is a pure Scandinavian.

Sincere: Ah. That is some interesting heredity.

Bradley: Anyways, about you and Zen. Are you two kids in love? Are you officially a couple? Gasp! Don't tell me you're having sex?!!.......

Sincere: BRADLEY! What the FUCK? Okay, jeez, I get it! I'll stop being on your case about Bribri.

Bradley: Thank you. All I was asking for.

Sincere looked at the road ahead and thought about the thing Bradley couldn't even admit to himself.