Chapter Twenty-Five

Sabrina opened her front door, slamming the keys on the table just to the right of the door. She closed it and lumbered to the living room, expecting her mom to be there, getting ready to scold her for leaving the house without asking. But no. Who she found sitting there on the big, long sofa startled her.

Sabrina: Cameron!........

She ran a hand through her hair. Cameron looked up from the couch cushion, which he was staring at for some unknown reason.

Cameron: Ah. Sabrina...... How are you?

He patted the seat next to him.

Sabrina: Uh...... Fine, I guess...?

She still stared at him with a look on her face between flustered and disgusted as she took a seat; not next to him but on the loveseat next to it. He shrugged, and he put an arm on the sofa, another on his knee.

Cameron: Where were you?

Sabrina: Uh.... What do you mean? I was just... out.

Cameron: No- No, not like that. I meant where were you for the past two weeks? You haven't texted, called, come over or invite me over.

Sabrina shifted in her seat, sitting nearer to Cameron.

Sabrina: Uh- Well, for one, I spent an entire week at New York City.

Cameron: Really.

He suddenly got up from the sofa and sat next to Sabrina on the loveseat.

Cameron: And the other week?

Sabrina: Avoiding you.

She got up abruptly, but as she was about to flee, a hand gripped hers very firmly, and yanked it so she sat down.

Sabrina: The hell, Cameron! Leggo!

She said, struggling to take her hand away.

Cameron: No. Why exactly were you avoiding me?

Sabrina stopped moving; she gave up trying to break free.

Sabrina: Like you don't know.

Cameron: No..... I don't.

Sabrina: Unbelievable!!!

Cameron inched his face a little too close to Sabrina's.

Cameron: Tell me what I did.

Sabrina: Cameron! After Bradley left that morning you came to my room thinking we might've had sex, you said it was for the better! I didnt like that. I got really angered, and I'm still mad.

Cameron: That's what this is about?

He let go of Sabrina.

Cameron: You're kidding me, right?

He was laughing. She could not believe he was. Sabrina rubbed her wrists, which were red.

Sabrina: No, I am not.

Cameron: Sabrina. I already told you that I only said that because Bradley might like you, but I care for you and don't want you two to ruin that special friendship. I'm only being a good friend.

Sabrina: Oh. That's so sweet, Cam. Hee hee hee.

She said sarcastically.

Sabrina: But still, you didn't have to say that. Or kiss me on the cheek.