Chapter Twenty

It's the 4th day Sabrina and Bradley were at New York City. Yesterday and the day before, they went on a titanic shopping spree with his parents, buying clothes and shoes of course, phone cases, books, souvenirs, gifts, candy, and much more stuff. Today, Bradley was going to take Sabrina to a five star gourmet Dominican restaurant, but he didn't tell her that. All he said was for her to put on very fancy clothes. She thought they were just going to 5th avenue. Sabrina emerged from her room and headed to the door, where Bradley was waiting for her.

Sabrina: How do I look?

She said, twirling around. She wore a dress- no, she wore a gown that dropped to the floor. It flowed behind her when she walked, and it was completely sheer except for her torso area and the tiny skirt that it came with. Her hair was in a bun, wavy strands of hair falling from it, making it look like a hairstyle from Winx. Her earrings were big baubles, and she wore sleek, modern ankle boots that were nude.

Bradley: You look beautiful. Better than I do, that's for sure!

Sabrina laughed and took his arm.

Bradley: Okay, mom, we're leaving!

Mrs. Perry came rushing to them with her phone in hand.

Mrs. Perry: Wait, wait! Lemme take a picture of you two beauties,

She said.

Mrs. Perry: Say cheese!!! Okay, you two can go now.

Sabrina: Bye Natasha! Bye Gerald! See you guys!

Sabrina stepped out. Bradley was about to too, but he felt a hand land on his shoulder. He turned around.

Mr. Perry: That's my boy. She's a gorgeous girl. Take care of her.

Bradley: Dad!

He swatted his hand away.

Bradley: You already know she's my best friend, nothing more.

His father laughed.

Mr. Perry: Please. I know you want more than that.

Bradley flushed red and walked to the hallway before Sabrina could come back in and hear their conversation.

Sabrina: Ready to go?

Bradley: Ready when you are.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Bradley got out the cab with Sabrina.

Sabrina: You know, we could've just walk to Fifth Avenue. It wasn't that far away.

Bradley: We're not going to Fifth Avenue.

Sabrina: What? Then where are we going?

Bradley: You'll see.

He grabbed her hand and led her inside the restaurant.

Sabrina: This place is so beautiful, Bradley....... Why is no one in here?

Bradley: I didn't really feel like having phone cameras in our faces, so I rented out the entire place for tonight.

Sabrina: Really? Bradley! This is the most roman- - I mean, the best thing anyone's ever done for me!

A hostess came up to them.

Hostess: Hi!

Sabrina: Hello.

Hostess: Please, follow me.

She led them to a table above the ground. They climbed the small stairs and sat down. A waitress brought them a small bucket of ice with sparkling cider in it. She opened it and poured some in the glasses. She left, and then a slim, handsome young adult approached them.

Dmitri: Hola. Bienvenidos. My name is Dmitri, and I'll be serving you today. Gracias por venir. Today, you will start off with the soup of the day, then you will move on to our special appetizer, a marinated, seared scallop encrusted with herbs and served atop fish tail. Following will be the entree and main course, chosen by the chef himself. Lastly following, we have our most popular dessert, some organic limoncillo served with a chilled sweet mango puree and forest sorbet.

Sabrina: That sounds great. Thank you.

Dmitri clasped his hands together and bowed his head, then walked away. Bradley took a sip of his cider, his eyes still on Sabrina.

Sabrina: Bradley, you're the best, you know that?

He put his cup down and folded his hands on the table.

Bradley: Yeah, I know.

Sabrina smiled and they chatted the night away. After dinner, they took a horse ride around Times Square and went to Dylan's Candy Bar. The night was amazing, and both of them would treasure it forever.