Chapter Thirty-Six

It was afternoon. The pool looked especially appealing. Sabrina lay in a lounge chair near it, virgin cocktail in hand. Her parents were away for a week on a romantic vacation, and it was the first day with them not home since they left. Maybe she should've told them her problems. She checked her phone.

2 missed calls, 10 messages. All from Cameron.

She wished Bradley were here. She remembered how he tossed her alcohol, then took the thought back.

She wore a black one-piece with a same color cover up. Straw hat on her head, Dior sunglasses framing her beautiful face. The beautiful face frowned.

Speak of the devil.

"Not eager to see you here," Sabrina sipped her cup.

"That's virgin, right?"

"Yes, Bradley. You trashed all my stuff, remember?"

"Boo hoo. Sabrina, I care for you."

"I suspect friends would. Then again, they wouldn't throw out the alcohol their friend worked hard to get. Bradley, you just don't understand it. I needed it."

"Don't you think I know that?" he sighed. "Don't you hear yourself? Alcohol, Sabrina. You realize you could lose everything? Your family, your friends.... Your JOB, for fuck's sake. Of course we're gonna drink. I mean we're teenagers, there's nothing wrong with having some fun. But what you were doing wasn't fun, Sabrina. What you were doing was killing yourself."

"I don't care. Bradley, I don't care ! I just want some Cabernet, vodka, rum, my Merlot, anything!!!" Sabrina stressed. Bradley tensed, his temper rising.

"Don't you hear yourself?" he said, giving her a pained stare.

"I don't -"

"Care. I know." he shook his head.

"Its not a big fucking deal, Bradley, jesus! Nothing should matter as I'm not hurting anyone else physically, hurting Sincere and Rowan. As long as I'm not hurting you."

"Well guess what Sabrina? You already fucking did." he let out a shaky breath, got up, and turned to leave. Sabrina felt tears stinging at her eyes, and wiped at them furiously. Even though he tried to resist it, Bradley turned back around and sat back down.

Sabrina grabbed his hand.

"Bradley..... I'm sorry. I'm sorry, okay ? You know I care. I didn't mean what I said. I just..... I can't stop. I can't......" she sobbed harder, hiding her face with her hands. "Please don't hate me. I need help. I want you here." he nodded, just holding her until she calmed down.

"First tell me what happened yesterday. I know you still went to that club." he whispered. Sabrina wanted to cry again.

"I, uh." She wiped her face dry with the towel she brought from inside. "Cameron cheated on me" she sighed.