✧jj maybank✧

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

  The blue eyed boy sat on the boat where he spent most of his days with his friends. Whether it was fishing, surfing, or smoking weed JJ Maybank was always with his friends. There wasn't a day that went by when he wasn't. The four friends sat on the boat at sunset. One of his three best friends, Pope was reading a book. Kiara Carrera was listening to Bob Marley, while John B was fishing. JJ was on the end of the bow.

   Earlier in the day, the group had driven to Kiara's house. Also earlier in the day, JJ had scored a new job of mowing the lawn and watering the garden of a Kook mansion for a cool two hundred dollars once a week. For a boy, from the cut, two hundred dollars was almost like winning the lottery.

The sun had begun to set, painting the sky with oranges and pinks. He always loved when the sky would create a beautiful image for all that watched and cared for it got to see. He lifted his sunglasses, pushing them back into his messy blonde hair. He fiddled with his shark tooth necklace. John B had been struggling to catch some drum the entire time they were out there, but just at that moment something bit the fish line. The two jumped out of their spots immediately, almost diving to the other side of the boat to catch their fishing rods before the fish decided it wasn't worth it.

John B, JJ's best friend since the third grade. John B and JJ met in the principal's office. John B had punched another third grader in the face for stealing from a kindergartener, and JJ stole from the kindergartener. It's not like JJ had a black eye anyway, it was a lousy excuse for a punch. JJ liked John B's bravery, so after reconciling their differences, the two had been friends ever since that day. They grew up together. Ate together. Drank together. Hung out together. Tried weed for the first time together. Went to school together, and on that note failed tests together.

  In fifth grade, Pope, John B, and JJ had all gotten Ms. Britel as their teacher. She was a kind and young woman, however she absolutely had no tolerance for failing students. Ms. Britel appointed Pope Heyward as a tutor for the boys. He didn't have many friends, and the trio ended up having a lot in common. The three became friends. JJ saw it as a good opportunity on both ends. Pope would have some fun, JJ would go into sixth grade... It was a win-win to say the least.

JJ never really had a clear memory of when Kiara joined the group, she just kind of showed up one day in seventh grade. Of course he didn't mind because he was a hormonal and prepubescent middle schooler who reeked of body odor. When Kiara joined the group, the boys were all pretty much falling at her feet. Whatever she said, went. JJ was sure that's the reason she hung out with them because she got whatever she wanted. Then feelings got a little too obvious towards Kiara, and she decided to make a no Pogue-on-pogue macking rule. That was before she left the group. Freshman year, 2018. Pogues and Kooks were split after middle school. You either went to Kildare County High School or Kildare Prepatory Academy for Young Adolescents. The curly haired girl didn't speak to the boys for almost a year after that. Kiara had just recently rejoined the group, reaching the end of their sophomore year. Of course, the boys had missed her and John B had lost his dad- It felt right for a reunion.

So now they all sat happily in the dingy that was theirs, the HMS Pogue. It was a fitting name. It was evident they were Pogues. The group's bond was stronger than ever, especially since it was summer. JJ was happy with it. After all, they were his family.

"I got it! I got it!" John B begun to reel in the fish. It seemed heavy,  he struggled to pull it in, but eventually he won the battle. John B lifted from the water a big ass bass.

JJ watched as the fish flopped around the boat, splashing droplets of water on the teens. His mouth gaped open, "Holy shit, that's huge!"

Kie screamed, "Get it off the boat! Let it go! Don't kill it!" She squirmed to one end of the boat, JJ shot her a look.