✨✨ Night One (Mike Schmidt x GN!Reader x Foxy)

Summary: It's (Y/n)'s first night on the job at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza! Xe wasn't told xe'd be working with someone else... but xe also wasn't told why xe'd need to. At least the first night is always the easiest, right?

Requested by @4ddict on Quotev - "Michael/Foxy whichever you would rather write about. x gender neutral reader, sleepover/first night at work." - I hope you don't mind, I went with both! (In this version, Michael Afton and Mike Schmidt are the same person; the latter is an alias.) They both sounded like a fun idea, so I found a way to merge them ^^ I hope you enjoy!

Note: I naturally avoid using pronouns when writing these scenarios, but for this one I'll be using 'xe' pronouns whenever applicable, for ease of writing. See guide below if you need assistance :) 

xe/xem/xyr/xyrs/xemself

she/her/her/hers/herself

he/him/his/his/himself

they/them/their/theirs/themself

~*~*~

You yelped in surprise, nearly falling out of bed as a blaring tune interrupted the still silence of your bedroom. You just barely managed to catch yourself on your bedside table, your legs tangled in the mess of blankets you'd wrapped yourself in after supper. Fumbling blindly, you slammed your palm against the table's surface until your fingers finally met the snooze button on your radio alarm.

Your body groaned in protest at being awake at this hour, your mind foggy as you tried to recollect why you had set your alarm in the first place. You wanted to just lay there, your body already sinking back into the warmth of your mattress as sleep reached out to gently pull you back. As you rolled over, your eyes caught the bright red numbers of your radio's clock, and you paused. Your brows furrowed. Eleven? Why had you set your alarm for eleven at night? You lazily tried to think back, wondering for a moment if it was really important enough for you to get up, your eyes slowly drifting back shut.

You had applied for a night job.

Your eyes shot open again at the realization. Your heart beating rapidly in your chest, your orbitals flicked back to the clock, but to your relief, only a minute had passed. "Oh thank Kairos!" you breathed, throwing your blankets off yourself. You jumped out of bed-- only to tumble to the floor. Glaring over your shoulder at the blanket still tightly gripping your ankle, begging you not to leave, you grumbled to yourself. "Leggo," you snapped, kicking the blanket off. Sadly, it toppled to the floor.

Now fully awake, you rolled your aching neck, throwing your arms forward and back to wake your sleeping limbs as well. You searched your drawers for the uniform you'd been given and some fresh clothes to wear underneath. "Should I grab a snack as well...?" you wondered aloud, pausing as you looked to the lunchbox you hadn't used since high school. You stood there, mind blank as you pretended to think it over, then shook your head. "Nah, it's a pizza place. I can probably grab a bite on my lunch break," you figured, and you shoved your tired body into the bathroom around the corner from your bedroom.

Your shower was frigid-- your brother had apparently forgotten to pay that bill recently, so you took as little time as possible to wash your hair and body and throw yourself out to get dressed. As nice as sitting on the side of the tub to dry off by the heater sounded, you didn't want to push your luck. You had a habit of getting distracted playing your handheld video game and losing track of what little time you had.