🥀☁️ Without You (Spring Bonnie)

Summary: It's a rainy day and business is slow for Fredbear's Family Diner. With kids back in school, the traffic is even slower. Spring Bonnie misses seeing all the people come and go-- but he misses you even more. Without you, there's nothing for him to do and no one to talk to, only making the day drag by impossibly slower. Nothing looks the same anymore when you're not here...

Please come back soon!

Note - I published this one a few weeks ago on Quotev and forgot to upload it here 💀 sorry-

Anyway, I hope you enjoy! ❤

~*~*~

Spring Bonnie sighed for the thousandth time, his eyes glued to the rain-painted window nearby. His body leaned against the milkshake counter, head propped in his hand as he idly followed every splotchy blur of the cars passing outside. He had stopped paying attention a long time ago-- it was pointless, after all. None of them would be pulling into the Diner or even hesitating at the light. There wasn't even anyone to tally down the types of cars with, explain to him the different models and how comfy the seats were inside. There was no one to point out all the (f/c) ones he saw-- he knew you liked that color. As it had all day, his mind wandered back to you, and again, he sighed.

Fredbear rolled his eyes from the stage, where he was talking with his boss, Henry. He had given up on the bunny hours ago. Or had it been days...?

School has been back in session for a few months now, and every day since the first, Spring Bonnie had been going to your usual spot at the milkshake counter to gaze outside. Everyone knew who he was looking for-- it was no secret you were his favourite! There was just no convincing him you wouldn't be coming. He tried so hard not to show you how sad he was when you first told him you couldn't come as often as you did over the summer, but now he couldn't be bothered to hide it. His ears drooped, his eyes half-lidded as he pouted, his expression just as gloomy as the weather outside. Even his cotton tail reflected the glum bunny's emotions, only idly swishing or twitching in frustration. Sometimes Spring Bonnie would perk up for just a second-- then he would sink back down, melting into the counter and letting out yet another pitiful sigh.

Fredbear had tried to pull his friend from the diner's windows, engage him in conversation, suggest he try some of the games or talk to the few families that did wander in now and again, remind him of their actual job-- nothing seemed to work. Spring Bonnie would only stare at him with hazy eyes, slowly blinking as if he hadn't really heard a word the bear said, then go back to moping. Fredbear knew he couldn't help it-- he had grown so accustomed to the one child who absolutely adored him, being present all the time. He just didn't know what to do with himself now that you were gone!

But it wasn't like you'd be gone forever!

Though your visits were few and far between, you did still hold to your promise to drag your brother here whenever you could. Spring Bonnie was like a whole other bunny on those days-- much to everyone's, and no one's, surprise! The way he lit up, Fredbear could swear the Diner got a whole new set of lights! The entire building somehow got brighter, and the atmosphere somehow grew much lighter. Fredbear wasn't the only one who noticed, either! 

Yet, with another sigh from the lonesome rabbit, it felt like those lovely days were nothing more than a fantasy. The golden bear had half a mind to march over there and talk some sense into his friend once and for all! As soon as Henry finished his long spiel updating the bear on the new services to be implemented in the restaurant, Fredbear nodded his thanks and strode off the stage.