chapter 1 - a day

a/n : hi, try to avoid cussing too much, aight? ion mind em but don't talk like your parents just gave you permission to cuss

anyways, enjoy the story 🐇

‧˚₊•┈┈┈┈ ♕ ┈┈┈┈•‧₊˚⊹

*ೃ༄ third person pov

"Is everything all right, Chigiri?" the young lady asked, watching as he sat down next to her on the bench without saying a word.

"Just taking a break." the young man finally replied, looking around for his water bottle.

Noticing this, the young lady, who served as the soccer club's manager, grabbed the water bottle next to her and handed it to him.

"Ah, thanks." he thanked her, grabbing the water bottle in her hands and taking a sip of it.

Y/n turned to watch the other students playing.

Chigiri quietly glanced at the girl next to him, his eyes fixated on how her hair was arranged in a way that would avoid strands of hair falling on her face that could block her vision. He observed how her hands rested delicately on her lap as she focused on the rest of his members playing. His eyes then looked up, admiring the calm expression she always managed to maintain no matter the situation she was in.

"Do you have a problem with my face?" the lady he was admiring suddenly asked, making him jump in surprise.

"Oh, nothing..." he mumbled, quickly glancing away to avoid her gaze; a gaze so enticing that it was enough to make the young man's heart pound with just one look.

Oh, how he tried to fight off the urge to not fall into the abyss she set out for anyone who met her eyes, eyes so alluring yet so cold.

"Chigiri, break time's over." the coach called out before the young man could start a proper conversation with the lady.

"Uhm...I have to get going." he stammered, rubbing his neck sheepishly as he stood up from the bench.

Y/n nodded, her eyes never leaving his figure as he walked back to the field and joined the rest of the players.

The relationship they had as childhood friends was a bit odd compared to others. Despite knowing each other since they were born, the two could never consider themselves as close friends. They were but mere acquaintances, whose older siblings happened to be best friends.

A smile crept up on the girl's face as she admired the way Chigiri outran everyone on the field. No matter the opponent, Chigiri was always on everyone's watch list to keep an eye on.

She had always found Chigiri to be amazing. She wished for them to grow closer to one another, just as their family hopes for the two of them.

When their game ended, Chigiri ran over to the lady on the bench, asking if she had a towel he could use.

"Ah, right." Y/n grabbed the towel from her bag, standing up to reach his level and dab away the sweat that was dripping on his face. Her eyes trailed off to his neck, questioning if she would be pushing it too far if she were to take care of it as well.

Making a decision, she decided that it was just sweat, nothing to be flustered or embarrassed about even if it was on the bare skin of his neck.

She lowered her hands and lightly pressed the towel on his skin, keeping her cool composure as she focused on her job.

In reaction to her doings, Chigiri shifted his glance to the field. He was already flustered that she was wiping away the sweat on his face, but being indirectly touched on the neck might be a bit too much for him to handle.