chapter 7 - rejection

*ೃ༄ your pov

"Could it be a confession?" Chigiri asked, towering over me as we stared at the handwritten letter in my hands.

"I'm not known enough to receive such things. You think too highly of me, Chigiri." I rejected that idea of his.

When I opened my locker earlier, an envelope slipped out of it. I assumed it was mistakingly placed inside of my locker, but that couldn't be since it had my name written as the receiver.

"Well, I don't know. I don't think someone having a crush on you is unlikely." he shrugged, taking his seat in front of me.

He flipped his chair to face me, plopping himself down before snatching the letter in my hands.

He squinted his eyes at the letter, as if he was trying to decipher the intentions of the person who wrote it. When he couldn't figure it out, he placed it back down on the table.

"So...are you going?" he inquired, resting his chin on the palm of his hand.

"I mean, it's not like it's a love letter. Maybe they just want to meet behind the school to discuss private matters." I brushed off whatever idea he had.

"Yeah, but what if?" he sighed, not convinced.

"Then I'll think of an answer when I get there. For now, I'm pretty sure it isn't anything of the sort." I replied, neatly folding the letter before placing it back inside the envelope.

"You should've crumpled it up." Chigiri scoffed, looking away.

"That'd be rude." I retorted, slipping the envelope in my school bag.

‧˚₊•┈┈┈┈ ♕ ┈┈┈┈•‧₊˚⊹

*ೃ༄ third person pov

"So? What did you want to talk about?" the young lady asked, eyeing the two girls that stood maliciously in front of her.

The student on the left was a few steps behind the other, showing that she wasn't the one who asked to meet her. However, the student on the right had her arms crossed as she glared at the one they requested to meet, attempting to intimidate her.

"L/n." the girl on the right called out.

Y/n was a bit surprised at the sternness of her tone, but she did not dare to flinch at the use of her last name. Instead, she remained calm, unchanging, and unyielding to her attempts of intimidation.

"Do you like Chigiri?" she asked.

Out of all the statements, backlash, and questions Y/n had calculated her answer for, she did not expect to be asked about her childhood friend.

Even Chigiri, who was hiding behind a wall to spy on what he thought was a confession, was shocked when he heard their question.

"No. We're just friends." she cleared up the misunderstanding, not wanting them to assume anything about their relationship.

Additionally, even if they were in a relationship, Y/n wouldn't go around telling everyone that unless Chigiri wanted to.

Chigiri felt a deep sense of loss and sadness, as if a great hole had been carved into his heart when he heard the words "Just friends" slip out of her mouth.

(a/n : anyways y'all, go check out my book "Just friends" in the description box below!!!!)

"Are you sure? Or is that your excuse to get close to him?" the student's friend asked, taking a few steps forward to stand side-by-side with the other.