chapter 2 - sadist

*ೃ༄ your pov

Lately, I've been receiving threats.

It started off with just small notes being left in my shoe locker to having my things thrashed all over the place.

I didn't tell anyone about what was happening to me since I honestly couldn't care less.

I mean, if they hated me so much, then I'll let them finish their childish tantrum until they have the mental capacity to talk to me.

I was okay with everything at first, but now...

"How awful!"

"Who would do such a thing?"

"Poor L/n..."

Whispers from my classmates spread across the room like wildfire.

My eyes scanned the death threat messages sprawled all across my desk, a single pen jabbed into the table as if it was some sort of warning.

"This is ridiculous." Chigiri groaned, casting his school bag aside before leaving our classroom to report the situation to a teacher.

My classmates worriedly glanced at me, wondering how I would respond to the imbecility of whoever did this.

The moment Chigiri left, I took a few steps forward and approached the desk to scrutinize the artwork drawn specifically for me.

The color of the markers weren't uniform since there were the colors black, red, blue, and green. It looked like they couldn't decide on a color.

They didn't even do their handwriting some justice as it looked like an infant scribbled on it with its feet.

My hand reached out to touch the words, feeling its dried up ink that had already seeped into the wooden table, forming a permanent mark on my desk.

The letters written on the wooden table spelled out the words "Die", "Back off", "He's mine", and many more pointless attempts of scaring me.

Based on the word choices, they must be referring to the only boy I hung out with inside and outside of the school, Chigiri Hyōma.

From walking to school to having lunch and attending club practice to walking home together, I sometimes forget that he's popular with the ladies.

Of course, it would make sense for them to despise the girl who gets to be with him almost every day of the week.

But if you're gonna hate on me over something so trivial, then I'd rather you just beat me up and get it over with instead of doing taxing things such as this.

It's as if you're dropping hints for me to notice you instead of just directly confessing your feelings to me.

I'm not the type who liked getting teased.

"Did any of you write this?" I asked, my eyes shifting from the top of my desk to the crowd of students idly standing there.

No one answered. Instead, they whispered amongst themselves, shrugging at one another.

With the serene guise plastered on my face, I patiently waited for at least one of them to come out and admit their wrongdoings.

I read each and every one of the expressions on their faces, and much to my dismay, no one was willing to say a thing.

"Hm, fine." I mumbled, dismissing the way they'd yelp at every word I uttered from my mouth.

Alas, my homeroom teacher finally arrived as she flounced her way to my desk and inspected the death threats.