chapter 6 - suspicions

*ೃ༄ third person pov

Chigiri's sister stood outside of her younger brother's bedroom, holding a tray of baked goods she had prepared for him and his childhood friend.

"Is this how you do it?"

"Yes, just like that. Keep going, Chigiri."

"I-I'm trying."

She almost lost her grip on the tray. She didn't want to waste the food she had prepared, so she fought off the urge to dramatically drop it just like those scenes from television shows.

"Chigiri, you're doing it wrong."

"I'm sorry. It's my first time."

"That's all right. Here, I'll teach you."

She stared blankly at the empty color of his door, her heart dropping at the words that were coming out of the two people she had raised in her childhood.

She had always admired Y/n for her elegance and righteousness. Chigiri's sister believed that she would bring out the best in her younger brother, and help him along the way. Because of this, she was aware of Chigiri's interest in her.

But...to hear such words.

"Am I hurting you, Chigiri?"

"No, don't worry."

"I'm glad. Tell me if I'm being too rough."

To hear such words come out of the room that held two of the children she had taken care of when they were younger, to hear such awful things come out of her younger brother's mouth, to hear such words come out of the precious Y/n who she believed to be so innocent and free of any wrongdoings,  she couldn't help but feel her heart shatter at the mental image of them doing such indecent things.

With the intention of confronting their youthful mischief, she mustered up the courage to open up the door that held the answers to her questions.

Her eyes widened in shock as she was left dumbfounded to see the young lady braiding her younger brother's hair. The two students stared at the woman, confused as to why she looked like she had seen the horror of every movie.

Not believing the scene as she was sure they were up to no good, she questioned what the two had been doing before she came in the room.

"I offered to let him practice hairstyles on my hair. He was struggling to braid, so I decided to show him how to do it instead." Y/n summarized.

His sister took some time to process what she just said, recalling the words and matching them to what could've possibly been happening instead of the ones she assumed were happening.

"Right, hairstyles...yeah." Chigiri's sister nodded, letting out a heavy sigh of relief as her worries vanished.

She then placed the plates of snacks she managed on Chigiri's table, placing down the glasses and utensils as well.

"You can continue. I hope you have fun styling hair." she kept nodding, trying to shove away the mental image she had come up with earlier.

Chigiri's sister gave them a small smile before leaving the room. The two didn't understand what was wrong with her, so they decided to just leave it behind.

‧˚₊•┈┈┈┈ ♕ ┈┈┈┈•‧₊˚⊹

"Hm..." Y/n rubbed her chin as if she was deep in thoughts.

Chigiri noticed this and asked what was wrong.

She told him that she couldn't decide whether to get green apples or regular, red apples. He suggested her to get both, and so she did.