chapter 9 - 12:00 am

*ೃ༄ your pov

"How do you put this on?"

"Imagine being stupid."

"Imagine getting rejected by the same girl thrice."

"Stop fighting, you two." my dad intervened in an argument that was boiling between my two brothers, Gouta and Ren.

As I sat on the living room couch, I leaned against the back of the furniture to get comfortable.

Chigiri invited me to go with him to a New Year festival to watch the fireworks. I asked my dad for permission and he didn't hesitate to let me go.

"Why are kimonos so difficult? Can't you just go in normal clothes or something?" my youngest brother, Haru, suggested.

"Absolutely not." my dad and my two brothers immediately shot down my youngest brother's idea.

I mean, his proposal would be practical, but when people go out to enjoy festivals, they usually wear kimonos or yukatas. I'm the type to respect such traditions, so I don't mind struggling to wear a kimono if I have to.

"I'm actually gonna go bald." Gouta gripped his scalp, trying to figure out what the Obijime was for.

My older brother, Gouta, was going to spend his new year with the friends he made in college.

"Aren't you already balding?" Ren rolled his eyes, snatching the Obijime from his hands and wrapping it around my waist.

My younger brother, Ren, was gonna hang out with members of his basketball club from school.

"Whoa! Y/n looks so pretty!" Haru exclaimed, a huge grin appearing on his face as he admired how I looked in a kimono.

My youngest brother, Haru, told us to record the fireworks for him since he didn't want to wake up for it. Apparently, he was going to sleep through it all.

"What if my dear Y/n gets hit on by guys at the festival? You guys are making her too pretty!" my dad huffed, worried that a guy would take me away from him.

My dad was planning to celebrate his New Year with his work buddies at the gym since he worked as a trainer there. Gouta, Ren, and I would work there if my dad couldn't.

"What the heck is this?" Gouta asked, holding up the Obidome part of the kimono that was meant to further enhance my attire.

"How did you even graduate from school?" Ren groaned as he seized hold of the ornament and placed it on me.

A small smile appeared on my face as I watched my family members "getting along" together. It may not be the wholesome kind, but the fact that everyone was taking the time out of their day to help me wear a kimono warmed my heart in an odd way.

Plus, I find the whole situation quite an amusing one as it's rare for them to get all worked over something like this.

Right now, Gouta was on the phone with Chigiri's sister, asking her to come over and help them with my outfit. She arrived almost immediately, considering the fact that she literally lived right next to us.

"Ah, Y/n's so pretty!" she squealed, twirling me around to get a good look at my attire.

Once she was satisfied, she dragged me to my room and plopped me down on my desk to apply some makeup. It wasn't the heavy kind of makeup, though. It was the kind that would lightly enhance my features.

"I shall cast a spell on you." Chigiri's sister randomly said as she curled my eyelashes.

"A spell?" I looked at her, confused.