chapter 4 - jog

*ೃ༄ your pov

Chigiri liked having his lunch outside. He said he enjoyed the way the breeze tickled the back of his neck and how good it felt for the wind to kiss your exposed skin.

Seeing him casually eat his sandwich as he laid his eyes on the world in front of him in such an alluring way, I will never be able to understand how many switched up on him the moment he couldn't play soccer as he did before. Even girls who didn't have a clue sbout soccer lost feelings for him.

Just because he's unable to play soccer the same way, it doesn't change a thing. He's still the same Chigiri.

The same Chigiri...

My eyes parted from my decorated bento box as it trailed off to look at the young, attractive man sitting next to me.

His arms spread across the bench, exposing more of his chest. His eyes observed something in the distance, making him occupied at the moment.

I followed his stare, my view changing from him to a pair of students running on the track-and-field, laughing with one another as they jogged.

Realizing that I also had my attention on the two students, Chigiri shifted his stare to somewhere else, not wanting me to get the wrong idea.

I took this as a sign that he didn't want to
talk about it. Thus, I lowered my gaze back to my decorated bento box, letting go of our small interaction with one another.

"Something on your mind?" he inquired, noticing my clouded vision.

"It's nothing, don't worry." I reassured, going back to eating my food while he continued eating his sandwich.

After a few minutes of silence, Chigiri cleared his throat, gaining the courage to start another conversation.

"I was wondering if you wanted to uhm...go for an early morning jog with me tomorrow." he fiddled with his hair, not wanting to look at me.

"I'm free tomorrow morning, so I don't mind. Should I pick you up?" I asked, despite living next to each other.

"Of course not. I'll be the one to pick you up." he shook his head "Does 5 in the morning sound good? I have to run some errands at 6."

"I also have some errands to do at 6, so I can join you in your one hour jog." I nodded, approving of the time.

‧˚₊•┈┈┈┈ ♕ ┈┈┈┈•‧₊˚⊹

"Y/n...there's a pretty lady waiting for you outside." my younger brother called out, weakly knocking against the wooden gate that veiled us.

I hurriedly tied my hair, trying to make it look presentable and practical as I didn't want it to disturb me later.

Rushing to my door, I unlocked it and saw my younger brother standing there half-asleep, forcing his eyes open.

"The lady's voice is quite husky, so be careful of crossdressers. Don't let 'em fool you like they did to me." he warned, making me laugh at his foolishness.

"That lady is a he, Ren." I corrected, walking past him as I headed downstairs to get the door.

When I arrived, I took off my home slippers and exchanged them for some outdoor shoes that are comfortable to run in.

I then unlocked the door to reveal a young man waiting for me.

"G-Good morning." he greeted. I could tell he was internally screaming at himself for stuttering.

"Good morning." I greeted as well, stepping out of the house and closing the door behind me, giving the two of us some privacy.

"Let's go?" I ushered, gesturing for him to start walking.