chapter 8

Tomos P.O.V.

Julie and I had decided to change the burial so that she could make her tryout at the school.  I couldn't stand by and let her dream slip out of her fingers.   Tomorrow , she will be on her way to dancing pro.  One step closer to Juilliard .  She was busy. upstairs packing up to leave soon.  Shannon had agreed to take her to the airport it would just be to hard for me.  I knew she would be the same. As siblings , we we're close and never were apart for very long,  even as. young kids.   

Julie " Hey Tomo ! Can you help me for a second ?"    Me" Yep!  Be right there "    I rush up stairs to see , she can't get her zipper over her suitcase.    She was taking the same one I'd bought her for christmas.   That ment a lot to me.   Me" You sure you are gonna be ok ?"   Julie " yea why ?  Are you getting emotional on me ? "   I smack her shoulder and say " do I look like a chick?"     She hits me back and we kid around and it eases the situation at hand.   I don't want her to leave , but that's not my descion.   

Julie " You should come visit me,this weekend.  Stay the night,  we could have a ol school sleep over like when we were kids ?"   I look downstairs and see that Shannon was pulling up in the driveway and I let her know he's here for her.   Its time to say goodbye .  

She follows me downstairs ,  I help it with her suitcase .  I open the door to see  Shannon smiling,  at her.  I know something is happening between them two. He's my buddy .  I knew she was bound to her rule of not dating my friends although , with Shannon , I could let it slide.   Maybe .  

Shannon" Hey you "   She smiles back at him and they hug.   She is in good hands.    Jared is gonna meet her at the airport in New York.   He drained his bank account so that they would have a safe place to live plus it was  near by her school. 

They load up the car . I kiss her cheek & we hug one last time.    I'm gonna miss her and know she's only a phone call away.    Julie " bye , I love you "  I sign I love you too and she starts to tear up and I can't go out like this.    I hug her again and walk away.  

Shannon starts the car and pulls out of the driveway.  I close the door and send her a quick text " call me when you get there "   She text back " I will , thank you for everything "   I place it back in my pocket and start up a movie to watch.   

In the car ........

Shannon " we need to grab some coffee or that's ok ?"   She signs " sure "    In  the driveway,  they pull up and order two coffees.   Back on the road again .   Finally arriving at the airport , Shannon grabs her door and helps her out .   Bags in hand,  he walks in , to help  her to get checked in.

Half hour to spare before the flight departs.   That's enough time to have a talk with her.  Tell her how he feels.   Shannon had thought.    Will it be enough for her to see how much I wanna take  this past being friends. They sit down to  have one last cup of coffee and the convo opens up.  Shannon " where do you see yourself in next couple of years ?"   She  smiles and says in sign " dancing and really after that, I don't know "    

Is that all that matters to her ? Where does she herself with love with me?  Shannon thought .   Maybe she will end up with Jared after all.  But how could  you fall for someone you don't even know?    I kept telling myself this over and over.    And before I got a chance to tell her anymore or ask anything , boarding call echo overhead.    

She gets up and heads to the gate of her flight . I can't let her leave like this he thinks to himself.    She turns to Shannon  and is smiling so big.   He hugs her tight as she lays her head on his  chest.  He  smells her hair and gets the scent  stuck in his  nose so he can breathe her in his  dreams .  That may be the only way he  can keep her , for now he thought .     She looks up at him  and he  dives in and kisses her .  He feels her tongue slip on his mouth and his hand goes behind her neck and time seem to stop and sparks unite a love that they both feel , but neither one wants to admit.