𝐒𝐈𝐗

george sat in between jack and alex. the lights had gone dim.

piano chords started and as winona's voice came through, the lights slowly lit up, "i walked across an empty land. i knew the pathway like the back of my hand. i felt the earth beneath my feet. sat by the river; it made me complete." backing singers began their 'oohs'.

"oh simple thing, where have you gone? i'm getting old and i need something to rely on. so tell me when you're gonna let me in. i'm getting tired, i need somewhere to begin."

the second chorus began and winona started walking around the stage, in perfect, choreographed sequence and george was mesmerized. she was belting at just the right moments.

"so if you have a minute, why don't we go talk about it somewhere only we know? this could be the end of everything. so why don't we go somewhere only we know?" winona smiled.

as the song closed off, winona shoved the microphone in it's slot. "hi!" winona said, smiling. "welcome to lar's from mars! i feel like it's been ages but i actually opened for a dear friend of mine a few moths ago and i have been organising this for a year at least so its nice to finally be out on stage! how is everyone doing?"

the audience yelled a response; a mix of positive things.

"that's brilliant. we have a whole selection of songs i've written over these past few years. some are very melancholic and some are really upbeat. i don't even know how to explain a few of them but i think you guys are really going to enjoy them!"

george watched winona as she gracefully spoke. it was flawless as she walked around the stage, interacting with her fans. people that love her and came to see her.

"our next song is a very floaty song. i'd describe it as if you were floating on a really nice cloud that feels like when your pillow is cold on both sides just before you sleep." a few people yelled out cheers, "right? the best part of going to sleep, hands down."

a soft electric guitar began and winona bobbed her head as float forever began.

a few songs had come and gone and the next on winona's list was oah. "this song is about a girl crush i had, matter of factly. i did a few songs for genius and this one was one of them. obviously, i didn't know what a crush felt like at the time because it turns out i only liked her as a best friend."

winona stepped towards the microphone stand and slid the microphone in it, "this is: oah." her voice dropped an octave. "singing oah, i love you moa. a bit too young for me, but i don't mind~"

the lyrics were a little off the rocker but she was drunk when she wrote the chorus. that's how her album was mostly written and why it was labelled 'drunk noise'.

"never mind what your girlfriends say. deep inside, i'm quite okay. i may have fooled around once or twice but i really need you. and it's not like i've never tried 'cause i know how you make 'em cry. so lets start by being friends and let this friendship never end."

the violin softly playing in the background was brilliant as winona sang with it.

--

"this song i'm about to sing, it's actually been one of my most well received songs by you guys. but this one is genuinely a deep and kind of dark topic song. i'm sure you all know what i'm talking about."

looking out to the audience, winona finally caught george and looked away.

"this is give me some love."

piano began, "me and my guitar play my way, it makes them frown. the little pieces by the highway bring me down."

the backup vocals were soft but definitely there.