𝐎𝐍𝐄

winona felt out of place. she looked at jack, who was next to his girlfriend somewhere in the audience, encouraging the brunette with bright blue ends to do what she did best.

she was an opener for lovejoy on their england leg of the tour and it was the last night.

wilbur kept saying he was super grateful for her and she always laughed about it.

winona never felt any less nervous, though. she began with her favourite, float forever.

super mellow, and about personal experiences, it felt right to sing. it was a vent but it didn't feel desperate.

walking down to where the stage door was, she quickly hugged each of lovejoys members and sped off. she had to be home to do university work.

walking through the door to her small complex, her roommate was out enjoying the concert.

jack was extremely fun to be around and knowing all his friends was great.

tommy loved her, phil and kristen were thrilled to know her and the three would usually always grab a coffee and walk winona to her university, picking her up again. she and ranboo shared the finer things in life and she opened for wilbur on many occasions.

however, she did feel like a small group wasn't enough. she had a youtube and it had an odd 500k subscribers to it. from fans of her friends, to fans of her from all the vlog and tiktok content she was apart of. the latest being in one of tommy's vlogs.

so winona felt whiskers brush against her leg and saw ruffles sitting, staring up at her.

he was a white persian and siamese crossbreed. she used to have some kittens but she sold them. she wasn't allowed anymore pets and negotiating this one was incredibly tough. jack did help make it easier.

winona was always greatful for the younger roommate. it was nice to have someone similar to her.

as she worked on her schoolwork, a familiar voice called to her, which ruffles obviously missed. "i'm in my room."

jack swung in and hung his arms over her shoulders, "whatchu' workin' on?" "nursing work."

jack couldn't have sounded anymore british. maddy giggled at the muffle of words. "anyways, how was everything? i feel shit for missing it."

"it was brilliant! they played your favourite but i recorded it. you were brilliant aswell. absolutely stunning." "thanks."

"tommy wants to hang with us tomorrow. you up for that." "oh, always. i love the kid." they both smiled as jack stood up, "where you going?" "you want some tea?"

winona nodded, "sure. i'm going to close off my uni mind for tonight. i'm really tired." "i'll be back in a few, then."

the brunette went to the living room, put on the greatest showman and started to watch.

as barnum was looking in the window reflection of the fabric store, jack sat down and enjoyed the movie with her.

"so you know how you only really know me and my friends?" jack asked. maddy nodded, "sure. i love them. they're fun to be with."

"well, my mate alex,  he's holding a flat party and it's a dress up as the first letter of your name theme. do you want to come?"

winona nodded without a second thought. "absolutely. i love a good party and what better than already knowing what i'm going as." "that quick already? who?"

she grinned, pulling out her phone. jack had paused the film and watched as winona played christian borle's rendition of the candy man. he laughed and she grinned, getting out of spotify.

"you'll have to take some photos." "we'll have to snap some for instagram then."

the two continued the movie.

winona turned to jack, tightrope playing, and watched as he started crying. a tear or two slid down her cheek as she snorted. "oh my god, you're crying at this part?"

"you are too!" he laughed, "let's continue watching the movie." "right."

winona checked the time as the movie was showing it's end. zac efron was dancing with zendaya and jack had fallen asleep on the lounge. she turned off the tv and walked to the kitchen, quietly washing out the dishes of tonight which were just the two cups.

walking into her room after placing a blanket over jack, winona saw tommy texting her.

she asked if they could call and from there, they spoke for a few hours, switching to minecraft and making a realm for the two of them.

"no, you can't kill my cat." she whispered, turning to see ruffles asleep on one of her pillows.

"then don't hurt my parrot." "i wasn't planning on it, tom. anyways, how's kalarnie?"

"i really think you'd love her. i certainly do." "you love her?" "yeah, i have to be quiet though. she's asleep in the next room over."

"why aren't you in bed?" "i had to work on a few things. i'm heading to bed soon, anyway. why are you awake?"

winona chopped some wood, the satisfying noise playing after each one, "jack and i sat and watched the greatest showman. it finished and he fell asleep on the couch. i'm gonna bring him to his bed after i get off."

"but why are you awake, winona?" "tommy, i just can't fall asleep."

he went silent and winona checked the time. "i need to try to sleep, anyways. you should head to bed aswell. it's nearly two and we have to hang tomorrow."

"right. night, winona." "night tom." the two left the call and the realm. before winona left discord, tommy remade the call. "tom, what's up?"

"ranboo and i are playing escape the backrooms tomorrow. do you and jack want to join us?" "yeah, i'll get it." "i've gifted it to you. maybe it could be your first youtube video. i figured that would be better than hanging out with just you. not that it's a bad thing."

"i get what you mean, tom. i'll talk with him when we wake up. cause we have a party to go to tomorrow night. some dude named alex." "oh, imallexx? yeah, i'm going aswell."

the two soon hung up and winona cleaned her teeth before quickly drifting away to sleep.

finn speaks

HIIIIII i've been waiting to finally publish this story lol