Chapter 3

I'm taking a few creative liberties with this chapter and mission, so it'll help it go faster since these missions can be a bit of a bore.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

We left the Prydwen early the next morning, right before dawn. We couldn't request a Vertibird drop because this wasn't an official Brotherhood mission, which meant we were walking. I had wanted to leave the night before but Danse had put an end to my argument by simply stating that I was too injured to do anything more. I didn't want to admit Danse with right, but a good nights rest did help, and thanks to the stimpack Cade gave me, my injuries were no longer an issue. Thankfully the one on the side of my face healed up nicely, Cade said it wouldn't scar, so thank god for the miracle of stimpacks.

Even though Danse knew I was all healed up, he still wanted to avoid most of Cambridge. "Your still injured whether you feel your injuries or not." He said with a tone of finality that I couldn't argue. So we had to go the longer way, which meant more walking, and sleeping on the cold hard ground. Fan-Fucking-Tastic. We opted to take the main road around Cambridge. I thought for sure the road would be filled with Raider checkpoints or the occasional super mutant hunting party. Turns out though it was mostly abandoned, minus the ragstag and other wasteland creatures.

"Looks like rain." I heard Danse say, waking from my thoughts.

I set my gaze towards the sky. Sure enough, the clouds that loomed over head were heavy and dark as they began to knit together. Every so often a spark would strike between them, lightening up the darkening clouds with a bright white light. I quickly glanced down at my Pip-boy, hoping to find a settlement nearby. The last thing I wanted was damp clothing.

I groaned, the nearest spot was-

"We can make it to the police station before it rains." Danse said as if reading my mind. He threw a look over his shoulder noticing my scowl. "Unless of course, you'd like to keep walking."

I shot him a glare and walked past him, emphasizing my stomping as I brushed past him. "Let's go." I grumbled.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

It hadn't taken us long to get to the police station, especially with the back route I had found on my first trip here. We avoided most of the hostiles in the area having to fight only a few ferals along the way. We managed to make it to the police station just before the storm picked up in strength. My clothes only getting slightly damped by the time we reached the door.

I had been grateful to get out of the rain, though I wish we could have gone someplace else.

Rhys had greeted us in the doorway. He had been all too eager to catch up with Danse and inform him of his accomplishment on clearing out his latest feral hot spot. I on the other hand got a greeting so brisk I swear I got a cold from it. "Nice to see you too Rhys." I grumbled as I walked past him.

I made my way over to one of the sleeping bags by the main desk and placed my pack down with a loud thud, thus effectively interrupted Rhys. He sent me a darkened glare before returning his attention back to Danse. "Sir, if you don't mind me asking, but where are you and Initiate L/N heading?"

Danse gave him a sharp look. "It's Knight L/N now." He said and I could distinctly hear a note of pride in his usual military tone. Rhys's head snapped back towards me with a look of utter bewilderment that I couldn't help conceal the grin that slithered on my face. Suck it Rhys! "And we are off to Diamond City to pick up a few of Knight L/N's things." Guess he didn't want to tell Rhys the real reason.

Rhys's jaw clenched tightly, obviously trying to contain his anger, so he wouldn't look bad in front of his 'hero'. "I see." He said through clenched teeth. Danse, oblivious as ever didn't seem to notice the anger that seethed out of Rhys. "Well since you're heading that way, I was wondering if you could investigate this location I heard about."