10 - MY GIRL IS MAD AT ME

Caterina Bellucci, a 25-year-old kindergarten teacher, hails from a unique background, born in France and nurtured in Italy. At the tender age of three months, her family made a significant move to her paternal grandmother's house in Italy, driven by her father's responsibility to manage the family business, a role inherited as his parents aged. The youngest among her siblings, Caterina has two elder brothers, Gianni (30) and Giovanni (28), both happily married and actively overseeing the Bellucci family business.

Caterina's romantic journey unfolds with Dante Alessio Mancini, a 38-year-old billionaire and CEO of a prominent New York publishing company. Despite his divorce three years prior, Dante's honesty about his past didn't deter Caterina when he shared it on their first date.

Their love story began unexpectedly in a Roman club, marked by a spilled drink that sparked an inseparable bond. Dante, deeply enamored, relocated his company's headquarters to Italy to be close to Caterina, showcasing the lengths he was willing to go for their relationship. Their connection blossomed amidst genuine moments and a shared commitment that transcended geographical distances.

Dante's profound love for Caterina transformed him in ways that surprised his family. Previously known for his reserved and unsmiling demeanor, he became more carefree and joyful since meeting her. Despite being a frequent traveler to New York only for essential matters, Dante's priorities shifted, reflecting the depth of his connection with Caterina.

Eight months into their relationship, Dante's certainty about spending a lifetime with Caterina led to a heartfelt and early Christmas proposal. Two weeks before Christmas, during their return from holiday shopping, Dante asked Caterina to marry him. Overwhelmed with shock and joy, Caterina couldn't believe her ears as the unexpected proposal unfolded in the car, marking a pivotal moment in their journey of love.

Caterina's tears of joy moved Dante deeply, prompting him to stop the car on the motorway, concerned about her emotional response. As he turned to her, he discovered a radiant smile on Caterina's face. In that moment of connection, she nodded and wrapped her arms around his neck, whispering a heartfelt "Yes."

Overwhelmed by happiness, Dante, too, was moved to tears. Their shared emotions solidified the joyous chapter of their lives, a poignant reflection of their love and commitment to each other.

******************************************************************************In the bustling city of New York, Caterina and Dante shared their lives with his family, aiming to foster a stronger connection between them

In the bustling city of New York, Caterina and Dante shared their lives with his family, aiming to foster a stronger connection between them. With their wedding just three weeks away, Dante was eager for his family to intimately know Caterina and establish a meaningful bond with her.

Tensions flared between Caterina and Dante as a heated argument unfolded. The cause? Dante's ex-wife, Vivienne Samara Fox, had returned to New York and had been residing in one of Dante's penthouses – a detail unbeknownst to Caterina. The breaking point was reached when Caterina discovered that Dante and his family had been visiting Vivienne without informing her. Feeling betrayed and angered, Caterina contemplated calling off the impending marriage, struggling to comprehend why such a significant aspect of Dante's past was concealed from her.

Frustrated and emotionally drained, Caterina reached her breaking point. Ignoring Dante at home, she refused to spare him a glance. Overwhelmed with discontent, she decided to return to Italy one week before the scheduled marriage without informing any members of the Mancini family. The constant presence of Vivienne, coupled with Dante's apparent distance, left Caterina feeling unloved and neglected. Dante's preoccupation with work and time spent with Vivienne fueled her decision to distance herself, grappling with doubts about the future of their relationship.
**********
As panic set in, Dante searched the entire mansion for Caterina the following morning but couldn't find her. Turning to the security team, he learned that Caterina had left early with her luggage. Anxious and desperate, he dialed her number, only to be met with silence as she ignored his calls. Just as he was about to call again, a message notification illuminated his screen.

''Hi Dante...I don't know how to say this. But I don't think I can go on like this. With the love of your life and you who seems to be back on,I guess. So, I wish you all the best with her.

Yours forever, C.B xo''

Dante, clad in an Armani black suit, swiftly changed gears. Determined to mend what seemed broken, he called the pilot to prepare the plane, setting the course for Italy within the hour.

**********

Nervously standing in front of Caterina's class, Dante knocked on the door, unsure of her reaction. Caterina opened the door, surprised to see him. She stepped aside, allowing him to enter while her students played outside under another teacher's supervision.

"Before you say anything, please let me explain, and then you'll decide what you want to do," Dante said, extending a red rose towards Caterina.

She nodded and listened attentively to what Dante had to say.

Dante's revelation unfolded a disturbing narrative of Vivienne's threats and extortion. His family's attempts to protect Caterina had been entangled in a dangerous web. Frustration and a sense of helplessness lingered in Dante's words as he admitted to unintentionally conveying the wrong ideas about his connection with Vivienne.

A lone tear escaped his eyes as he shared the complexities he faced in shielding Caterina from harm. The weight of the situation was palpable, leaving both of them grappling with the aftermath of misunderstanding and danger.

He approached Caterina and hugged her. He missed her so much. He put his head in the crook of her neck and said, ''Baby please...I can't stand it when you're mad at me.''

''