13. The New Head Chef

There is music in every heart that beats.

"Do you really know what love is?" Jayveer's face contoured at Priya's sarcastic question.
For the first time, I saw Priya touching someone more than just grazing. She took Jayveer's hand in hers very softly and confessed, "I could fight the world for you but how could I fight with the one who was the world for you?"

Dear rain, please pour. The world is not prepared to see a stone cry.

The kind of love Priya had in her heart for Jayveer was rare to find. It melted my heart and if I were in a different region probably the lava inside me would have erupted to destroy everything around. For several seconds Priya and Jayveer were looking into each other's eyes. He wanted answers from her and now that he got them he didn't know how to deal with the truth. He couldn't revert Priya's, devotional love but he couldn't ignore it too.

Priya released Jayveer's hand when the rain got heavy and headed straight inside my heart without looking back.
Welcome, Priya.
Make my heart your home.

Jayveer and Priya's drama was taking a toll on my health. As it is, not much of me was left but whatever little was left was uncomfortable. I was supposed to take revenge but I focused my attention on these two. I wanted to teach Mehta a lesson since he was here with his clan but I was just bothered about them.

Priya was the strangest girl I had ever come across. She was hurt and in a lot of pain but she was merrily humming some song while baking. It was unhealthy and I knew her time was close. She will succumb to the situation.

Jayveer stood in the rain motionless until one of the helpers saw him and requested him to come inside. He was all wet and went to his room on the pretext of changing. He called up Arifa as soon as he was in his room and begged her to tell the truth. The girl admitted to everything that Priya accused her of in a beat. She confessed to Jayveer that she didn't want to be the villain in his story hence waited for the day he demanded the truth from her.

I remember her words exactly and shall never forget them. "Jay, it's not that I didn't love you. I did, I swear, but I knew I was destined to marry Faiz. We were engaged since we were kids and any reason my father allowed me to pursue a course of my choice was my commitment to marry Faiz. He was everything a father wanted for his daughter, a good-looking, rich boy who belonged to a well-known, cultured family. I never played with your emotions just kept mine at priority. Just like all other girls I also wanted the right to choose, be free and have a life. But I never even had the right to choose the clothes I wear. That's not fair. Life was never fair to me so why should I play fair?
When I met you, I knew you were perfect in every sense for my four-year freedom programme. All our kisses and wild sex was a bonus and beyond my imagination. I lived my life and can never thank you enough for giving me the most memorable time of my life. I was and I am just happy with the fact that there is still someone who yearns for me, who wants me. I know I hurt you but I am indebted to you for everything you gave me. I just didn't want you to hate me and therefore I never told you the truth. I wonder how and why Priya stayed quiet for so long. She loved you honestly but frankly, her tongue was more honest and you were never one to appreciate honesty. She called you dumb but I say she was more stupid. She let a girl take away her love just like that. What form of love it really was only she could tell. I am sorry Jay but for what it's worth, you were always a better choice that I couldn't choose."
Arifa hung up after the call and Jayveer's phone fell from his hand breaking it into two.

He hid his face under his palms and breathed hard. Minutes passed but he kept crying then all of a sudden he dashed out of his room, took his car and zoomed out of the resort. I don't know where he went but I know he won't return anytime soon.