15. Grains of Salt

Everyone's eyes are in for a delightful treat as I am all green not out of jealousy, but the rain has made me vibrant from muddy to leafy. The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Jayveer looked clueless and more mechanical than he already was. It reflected in the taunts and pointless accusations he heralded at Priya. She was disappointed with his behaviour, but she knew he needed time to cope with the heartbreak and deceit.

When Manav learnt about Jayveer's presence he gave him a good hearing. Jayveer accepted his fault and told him he deeply regretted his irresponsibility. "Jay, I understand your emotional state, and therefore I am giving you one more chance without reporting the issue. Also, you must do some magic now as Priya told Anandya that you were in town to fetch some unique ingredients to prepare something special for her. Come on now show some chef's craft." Manav patted Jayveer's shoulder giving him a much-needed boost.

Jayveer nodded his head in understanding and resumed work. He saw Priya taking out some freshly baked cookies that smelled divine. She was engrossed in her work and Jayveer was engrossed in watching her work.

Humans have a strong sense to know that they are being stared at and Priya looked up to confirm her doubt.
Boom!

Their eyes met and a blast of emotions filled the air. Jayveer hadn't ever seen Priya like he was seeing her now and Priya probably hadn't ever reverted to such an intense gaze. She was quick to break the spirited stare that was probably too powerful for her to handle. She resumed working but there was a visible change in her demeanour. She was more composed yet conscious at the same time.

Jayveer walked up to her and I could hear Priya's heart beating fast. He leaned with the support of the wall and asked her, "You lied on my behalf to Anandya now tell me what should I make to stamp the lie to truth."

"I should tell you?" Priya asked with astonishment.

Jayveer shrugged his shoulders like it was obvious for Priya to suggest him something. She ignored him and continued to glaze the next batch of cookies in the baking tray. Jayveer stood there not moving an inch, so Priya put the brush of butter down and warned him, "Stop distracting me and leave my counter."

"How am I distracting you? Care to explain." Jayveer asked innocently waiting for a reply.

I thought he was annoyed with her for hiding such a big secret from him, but he was almost flirting with her. Strange. Interesting.

Priya wiped her hands with a tissue and faced him properly giving him the attention he wanted. "I don't know what's cooking in that wicked brain of yours, but I certainly don't welcome your..." Priya couldn't think of an appropriate word so she said what I assumed earlier, "toying around. Get back to work and let me do mine. You have an army of workers, but I have none."

"Says who Princesse?" A voice with a foreign accent from behind Jayveer caught their attention and Priya was overjoyed to see a swanky boy with gorgeous soft curls in golden colour. He was tall like a basketball player and his biceps were bulging out of his fitted t-shirt.

Priya jumped to give him a tight hug and squeaked, "Elijah! You said you were coming tomorrow. It's such a delight to see you."

Most of the kitchen staff gathered near Priya's counter and stared in wonderment at the boy who looked like a brownie that was fresh out of the oven. Elijah, the name itself could give the females an orgasm. Priya put her hand around his waist and introduced him to everyone. "Everyone, he is Elijah, my assistant, and will be joining us from right now. He specialises in French desserts and is equally good at making oriental ones too." Priya then introduced other chefs to Elijah and the cute barista couldn't hide the blood rush when she shook hands with the boy.