10. Adversary in the Heart

After an entire night of heavy rainfall, the sun graced the earth with its presence replacing the greys with bronze yellow. My spirits were high as I was going to meet my enemy with his clan today. I was feeling thrilled like the butcher who fed the lamb before slaughtering it.
Mehta, welcome to the warzone.

Before that, let me treat my eyes to Manav's naked self.
No!
It wasn't the humidity that made me sweat but Manav was so freaking hot. If I were a tourist, I would visit the resort just to see him. There comes the girl who makes Manav feel hot.
Eva.
Dressed in a sharp business suit, she exuded confidence and professionalism. She knocked on Manav's door and waited patiently for him to answer. Manav probably was expecting her so he quickly wrapped a bath rob around his hot-as-hell dripping-wet body and rushed out of the bathroom.

"Hi!" Eva squealed in her usual jovial tone but her eyes stayed on his after shower messy hair. Manav looked flushed being stared at by the girl who was his muse. Eva dropped her gaze and bit the inside of her side lower lip. "Umm... Wear your best suit GM, our first guests are about to arrive."

"Won't I look good in my regular suits?"

"You will look good in anything you wear." Eva couldn't believe the statement that came out of her mouth but it did, and the effect of the same was reflected in their shy demeanour. "Be quick." Eva turned on her heels and left as fast as she could. Manav was still holding the door admiring her retrieving figure while smiling at the blissful morning.

Enough! I am jealous! Sparrow, go poke your beak on his window.
Tak! Tak!
Finally! He left the door and wore the freshly ironed, beige-coloured tailor-fit suit that made him look like a sober version of Lucifer.

I have a feeling that this morning was going to be fun.

There walks another handsome inside my heart. Jayveer deserved to be somewhere outside the kitchen so that everybody could admire his toned body and that killer dimpled smile. He was working against time as the guests were to arrive at any time in the next hour and he was still left with a lot to do.

Dheeraj came to his side and said, "Relax sir, we got everything in control. I have also prepared common curries that can be used as per the demand."

Jayveer took a deep breath and patted Dheeraj's shoulder. His eyes displayed confidence in the man he hired against everyone's wishes. He briefed the other chefs about the taste and presentation he required and helped them if they were stuck. The kitchen was smelling bitter, sour, and tangy, everything at once but what made everyone's tongue water was the smell coming from the oven.

Priya got up at six in the morning and was working nonstop. Her knee was hurting and I saw her sit several times because the pain became unbearable but the girl was a fighter. She kept the sweets that were ready on the counter and unlike last time when she did everything alone, she asked two waiters to help her with the display.

Oftentimes, people admire the sunset or sunrise on my peak but wait till they see what Priya has to treat their eyes. She clicked a few pictures and sent them to someone. The response made her smile and she turned around still looking at the mobile screen only to collide with Jayveer. What's with them clashing with each other? Verbally and physically.

"Aaoo!" Priya rubbed her nose. I told you the boy had a strong body. "Don't you have eyes?"

Jayveer smiled, like a beautiful smile, and replied, "I do, but I was lost looking at the excellent presentation of the desserts." Priya widened her eyes in surprise at Jayveer's compliment but he scoffed and said, "You expect me to say that? Sorry to break your bubble but the presentation is just average. You can do better."