17. Heated Moments

Her tears were not her weakness, but a weapon to show the presence of emotions inside her.

"Hey," Priya turned around to find Jayveer standing in a jet-black Lukhnavi Kurta with mirror work on the embroidery. He looked like a prince from the fictional world. He was standing outside the door that was ajar but I am not sure if he heard their conversation.

"I am ready!" Anandya squealed breaking Jayveer and Priya's stare game. She twirled the flare in her skirt and Priya felt content seeing her happy. She clapped her hands after Anandya finished showing off her exclusive Sabyasachi dress.

"The audience is waiting for the stunning show-stopper. Miss Mehta, shall we?" Jayveer forwarded his hand for Anandya to hold and she smiled coyly. He was also briefed about Anandya's wardrobe malfunction and he wanted to check if she was okay. The girl had indeed won the hearts of the chefs.

Anandya pulled Priya closer and gave her phone to Jayveer, "Jay, if you don't mind can you please click a few pictures of me and my bestie."

Priya raised her brows at the new tag she was bestowed with. Anandya tangled her arm with Priya and smiled widely while Priya looked conscious to pose in front of Jayveer. He clicked a few pictures when Anandya demanded boomerang and slow-motion videos of Priya and her twirling to show the flare of their dresses. Priya politely declined saying it was too childish but Anandya made puppy faces that were hard to ignore.

Anandya directed the video and set the camera angles. In bright yellow lights, two girls twirled 360 degrees showing off their exclusive outfits in contrasting colours of blue and white respectively. Jayveer captured them as Anandya wanted but his eyes scanned Priya like an X-ray machine.

I am certain it wasn't the first time he had seen Priya dressed to slay but the way his eyes darkened with desire watching her smooth back in her halterneck dress was probably the first time. Priya felt uncomfortable under his gaze and she requested Anandya to head to the party before they got scolded.

"Okay. Okay. One last selfie. All three of us. Come." Anandya raised the phone to capture herself, Priya, and Jayveer. "Come closer Jay." Jayveer hesitated and Priya stiffened but they did as the owner's daughter told them.

Jayveer and Priya couldn't see each other eye to eye but one artificial lens of 12 megapixels forced them to change their perception of the other.

Did Jayveer just take a whiff of Priya? I cannot bet precisely but it looked like that.

Can I ship them now? Or is it too soon? This time, I will let time decide.

Anandya, Jayveer, and Priya headed to the banquet hall while trying to save themselves from the heavy rain. "I hope there are no more accidents like earlier. It's raining so heavily. Do you think it was a good idea to make the main restaurant and kitchen so high on the mountain?"

No Anandya. It wasn't. Such accidents will keep happening during rain and other seasons too. Sometimes the fog will lower the visibility and sometimes excessive heat will make it difficult. Please put some sense in your father. I wanted to shout loud, but rocks have no voice.

Jayveer restricted his opinion, but Priya was brave enough to say, "The idea of cutting such magnificent structures and converting them into hotels and resorts is not appropriate. But when there is demand there is supply. The view from the top is beautiful and definitely a USP of the resort, but its operation will always be a challenge."

Priya's perspective was left incomplete because the hall arrived and Anandya exclaimed, "Watch this badass bitch now." She walked in style with Priya and Jayveer trailing like soldiers behind a princess.