9. Tangling the Yarn in the Heart

The lack of alignment between the heart and mind creates confusion, and problems yet sometimes it also leads to magical discoveries.

The architect, Malti Baweja had made an absolutely brilliant design for the kitchen. It was at a very high altitude still the rain and the storm didn't affect it much. After all, it was the heart of a rock!

Priya was ticking the list of ingredients on her iPad and making a new one simultaneously. She gave a list to Jayveer and told him she needed those ingredients ASAP so that she could start preparing raw mixes.

Jayveer saw the list and said, "The staff is not free right now. It will take time. These are local spices available in the market. Why don't you go and get them."

"You know I have so much work."

"Not. My. Problem." Jayveer stressed each word and left smiling wickedly.

Priya stomped her foot and gritted her teeth, but she knew she had no choice other than waiting for the ingredients or getting them herself. They were typical and only someone who knew about them well could be trusted with the task. Priya removed her apron and tied her hair neatly before heading out.

Jayveer was a good boy and I could see he was not liking his behaviour with Priya, no matter what she did with him. He was jumpy and it reflected in his actions. He gave a list of instructions to the kitchen staff and sat on of the chairs of the empty restaurant. Drinking a large cup of black coffee he scrolled through the phone book on his mobile and his fingers stopped at Arifa's number. He contemplated for a few minutes then hit the dial button.

She picked up the phone and greeted, "Hello, Jay. Are you alright?" The concern that was visible in her voice probably melted Jayveer's heart. He just hummed in response so Arifa asked him, "You confronted, Priya? What did she say? I hope she didn't deny anything. She's a big-time liar."

Oh! Ho! Priya a liar? Seem like an oxymoron to me. She is brutally honest. Looks like Arifa had some misunderstandings.

"She agreed she had feelings for me in a heartbeat. I mean the history and hatred we share, I expected her to decline or say something in her defence, but she just accepted it like it was a fact." Jayveer sounded confused, and I understand the feeling very well.

When you prepare for a fight, ready with all the weapons, but your opponent says something that dismisses the matter without an actual fight, you get baffled and don't know how to react. Priya did just that with Jayveer.

Arifa kept quiet for a few seconds then said, "She is too smart Jay. She is probably betting on the chance of you two working together. Sparks of love at workplace." Arifa giggled through the phone and boy! It sounded beautiful. I don't blame Jayveer if he was still stuck to this beauty.

"It's not funny, Arifa. I cannot stand the presence of her shadow. I am going to make her life hell just like she did mine." Jayveer spoke with so much conviction that I was certain Priya was in for a big challenge. I do have a soft corner for Priya, but I want Jayveer to win because what Priya did with these two was evil.

Arifa heaved a sigh and suggested, "Jay, it's not like you and I can be together. Why don't you give love another chance."

Valid point.

"Why don't you give us another chance?" Jayveer's request made me widen my eyes with shock. "It's not like you love your husband. He is hardly home and is travelling across the globe earning money which is already an overstock position. Your father is dead, so you needn't worry about his health or unreasonable restrictions any more. Come back, Arifa. I love you."