Chapter 17- The Finale

Jake's POV

This is day 6 since Bella left and day 3 of her not answering my calls. I don't understand what I did? She promised me she would come back and she is ignoring me. Is this her way of pushing me away? What if her ex came back and convinced her to take him back? Or worse what if she is more sick than she let on? I can't take this. I am not going to just sit here and wonder. I have to go to her. I can't lose her. I didn't want to come on too strong but I will be damned if she slips through my fingers again.

I let work know I have a family emergency and will be out of town for a few days. I pack my bag quickly and head out on the first flight.

I was able to get in contact with her mother so she could give me Bella's address. Her mother is also concerned about her but I know she is at least answering her calls.

A few hours later, I have landed safely and catch a cab. I give the driver her address and it's not long before we are there.

I step out and head inside. I make my way to Bella's door and I hesitate for a moment. I hope this isn't it for us. I knock on the door and wait for her to answer. When she does the sight in front of me takes my breath away. She looks like she's been through hell.

"Bella....I have been worried sick about you!" I yell as she turns to walk away from me.

"Well don't worry anymore ok. I am not your problem." She says coldly.

"What the fuck is going on?! You promised me you would be back. Everything was fine when you left and now here you are pushing me away again. I don't fucking understand. I love you. I won't hurt you. I came all the way here to be with you. To see you!" I yell letting my emotions get the best of me.

"Nothing. I am fine. I just changed my mind. I am going to stay." She says acting indifferent.

"What is wrong with you? What happened? Are you sick?" I ask.

"No. I said I was fine!!" She yells back and walks into a room slamming the door behind her.

"Well I am not leaving until you tell me what is wrong. So that's fine. You can stay in there all night. I will wait. I am not leaving or giving up." I tell her.

I am met with silence. So I just sit and lean my back against the door. I don't say anything. After several minutes though I hear light sobs coming from the room she is in. I can't fucking take it anymore.

"Look either you unlock this door or I am breaking it down." I tell her firmly.

After a minute, I hear the door unlock.

I go inside and see her curled up in a ball on her bed.

"Baby....please tell me what is wrong. I am scared to death right now." I tell her honestly.

"I am just like my mom. God I am so stupid." She says.

"Wait...are you trying to say you cheated on me?" I ask feeling disgusted and hurt.

"No! I would never!" She says.

"Then how are you like your mom?" I ask.

"Just screwing things up. Making mistakes." She says.

"So now I am a mistake?! Damnit Bella if you don't want to be with me just say it. I am a big boy. I can take it." I lie. It would break my heart.

"No! You are not a mistake. What happened was a mistake." She says.

"That did not make me feel any better." I say honestly.

"Look, I am trying to get something out but I am struggling. Because I know as soon as I tell you, you are going to want to leave and probably never see me again. And it's going to break my heart." She says as she sobs.

"Nothing you could ever say would make me want to leave. I promise."

"Ok. Well let's see about that." She says as she sits up to look me in the eye.

"Jake....I'm.....I'm....pregnant." She says.

The words are sucked from my mouth. I was not expecting this. I mean I want kids. I always have but I wasn't planning this. Not this soon. But wait is she upset because she doesn't think the baby is mine? I thought she said she hadn't slept with Tyler in months.

"Oh....I....am I....shit I need to sit down for a minute." I say as I sit beside her.

"I am going to ask some questions and I don't want you to get offended or upset. I am only asking for clarification ok?" I say and she nods her head in understanding.

"Are you upset because you don't want a baby, or are you upset because it might not be mine?" I ask confused.

"What?! It most definitely is yours. How could you even think that?" She asks offended.

"I told you not to get offended. I am trying to figure this out. I didn't know if there was someone before me." I tell her.

"No. Only Tyler and that was months ago." She says.

I am so relieved when she says that.

"I am upset because I don't want you to think I planned this because I didn't. I really was on birth control. I am also upset because I know you will want to leave. That you didn't sign up for this. I am going to lose you. I didn't mean for this to happen and now I am all alone." She says as she lays down and sobs into her pillow. I pet her back.

"Bella, please look at me." I tell her.

She hesitates at first but then turns to face me. The sadness in her eyes breaks my heart.

"Bella, I am relieved that this baby is mine. I have always wanted kids. I know you wouldn't get pregnant on purpose. I would never think that and I most definitely without a doubt will NEVER leave you. I love you. Maybe this baby wasn't planned but that doesn't mean I don't want it. I love you. I mean we had sex ALOT these last few weeks. I am not truly shocked because I know that any time we have sex there is always the possibility of you getting pregnant. This doesn't make me love you less. It makes me love you more. Both of you." I say as I reach out to touch her stomach.

At my words she throws herself in my arms and kisses me. I wrap my arms around her tightly. For the first time in days I feel complete. She is my other half.

"Never leave me again. I need you." I tell her as I look into her eyes.

"I know all of this happened too fast. I am not ready and I am sure you aren't either." She says.

"I wasn't expecting you to walk back into my life but you did. You bring nothing but great surprises with you. I love you so much." I tell her before I lean in to kiss her.

"Oh and I am never letting you out of my sight again." I tell her as we both chuckle and cuddle on her bed.

The End