Chapter 5 - The Festival

Aonungs pov -

I got up at the same time Tsireya would normally get up. Which was really early. So when I went to eat breakfast, my whole family was shocked to see me come into the room just two minutes after them.

"Good morning, guys!" I said, excitement running through my veins.

"Sense. When do you get up so early?" My father questioned. I could see my mother eyeing me, as if she knew something.

"Sense, I decided to start looking for a potential mate, and the festival is in two days!" I stated proudly. My fathers face lit up as did my mother's. Tsireya giggled.

"Finally! Our son, the future Olo'eyktan, has finally decided to look for someone!" He stated proudly as he took a bite of his food.

"Or he has already found that special someone." My mother mumbled. Only I heard what she said as the others didn't even bat an eye about it.

"Well, I am going to hang out with the Sullys today!" Tsireya spoke. "I will be back tomorrow. I am babysitting Tuk while the Sullys parents go hunting."

"Can I join!?" I questioned.

"Yes, brother, of course you can." Tsireya chuckled.

We then started to make our way to the Sullys.

"Aonung." My sister started. I hummed in response.

"You know how we were all giggling yesterday?" She asked, looking toward the ocean.

"Yes, why?" I questioned, confused.

"Well, it was because we saw you walking up after we had figured out Neteyam liked you." She chuckled. "When he ran into you, he was so flustered it was hilarious!"

"I didn't even notice that..." I trailed off.

"Pay more attention, brother!" She sighed. "Like when you slightly touch him or if you say certain things, just look at his expressions. They're priceless." I nodded as we continued our walk in comfortable silence.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Neteyams pov -

I was sleeping peacefully when someone knocked on the door. "We will be back tomorrow, my children!" I heard my parents call out.

I stayed lying in my bed, trying to sleep. I knew Kiri and Tuk would already be awake. Normally, I would, too, but I'm so stressed by this whole festival thing. And then we have Lo'ak. Yeah, he's still sleeping.

I then remembered that he most likely wasn't sleeping because Tsireya was coming over and was probably already here. This means if she's here, Aonung and Roxto are here as well. Meaning I'm gonna get teased. I didn't bother getting up after coming to that conclusion.

I then heard a soft knock at my door. I groaned and rolled over toward the wall, trying to fall back asleep.

I heard footsteps that made their way over to the side of my hammock and sat on the end of it. "Wake up, forest boy!" The voice chuckles.

I rolled over to see Aonung smiling at me. That's a nice sight to wake up to at least. But I was too tired to even care, so I just closed my eyes and tried to sleep.

"I don't want to get up!" I groaned.

"Come on, we have a fun day planned. The others already started the games, so come on!" He chuckles.

"Noooo...." I dragged out as I started to drift back to sleep. I felt his weight lift off the bed, and I thought he was leaving.

But then, I felt myself getting lifted off the bed. My eyes shot open, and Aonung had lifted me over his shoulder. "Aonung! Put me down, you butthole!" I shouted.