Chapter 7 - Protect me

Neteyams pov -

I woke up and couldn't remember a single thing from yesterday. I remember the festival and then.. Aonung!!

I quickly sat up to see he was gone. 'Where did he go?' I thought to myself.

"He went home, and so did Tsireya." I heard my brother say from his bed.

"Why did they leave?" I questioned as I stretched.

"I don't know." Lo'ak sighed.

"Why didn't they wake us up and say bye?" I questioned.

"I don't know. Maybe they didn't want to." Lo'ak stated.

"We should go find them." I pitched.

"Alright, let's go." My brother stated as he got up.

Before we got out the door, Tuk ran up to me. "Hey! Eywa gave a sign, Neteyam! Mama told me to tell you that Eywa was there while you and Aonung slept!" She giggled.

I was now more excited than ever.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

We were walking on the beach and we saw Aonung. We were about to walk up to him when Tsireya and this guy walked up to us.

I looked over to my brother, and he did not look pleased. He quickly wrapped his arm around her waist.

Aonung walked over to us. "Hey guys." He stated.

"Hii, guys, this is our friend Bumi." Tsireya said happily. Lo'ak still did not look pleased.

While we all chatted, I could see Bumi moving closer to me. "So, what is your name?" He chuckled.

"Uhm, Neteyam." I stated.

"Lovely name." He states as he tries to put his arm around me. He tried, but I felt another arm wrap around my waist and pull me towards them.

As a reflex, my hands went down to the hand that was around my waist. But when I realized it was Aonung, I relaxed and let my hands rest on his big hand.

I heard a light chuckle come from Aonung, and I smiled. I looked to the side to see Bumi, and this time he had the expression Lo'ak had while Lo'ak looked very happy now.

"Sooo.." Tsireya said, trying to get rid of the tension in the air. "Bumi is staying here for a few weeks because his family at the other island is busy with work."

"Alright, well, I'm gonna go. Come,  Neteyam." Aonung stated. I followed behind him.

Tsireya pov -

"Are they a couple or something? Neteyam follows him around the line a lost puppy." Bumi questioned.

"Not yet, but Aonung is about to go ask him!!" I said excitedly.

"Is that why you guys left so early this morning to plan it out?" Lo'ak questioned.

"Mhmm, I hope Neteyam says yes! They would be so cute together!" I beamed. I looked to Bumi, but he looked angry for some reason. "What is wrong, Bumi?" I questioned.

"I kinda wanted to get to know Neteyam." He stated.

"Don't worry! You guys will become friends in no time. He's very easy to get to know." I chuckled.

"Tsireya, can I talk to you for a minute?" Lo'ak asked. I nodded.

"Bumi, head back to our pod! We will be back shortly!" I called out.

"What is it, Lo'ak?" I questioned, concerned.

"That guy doesn't wanna just be Neteyams friend, Tsireya! He likes him!" He practically shouted.