Chapter 2 - A Not so Warm Welcome

Neteyams pov -

Some feelings hit you at all the wrong times. They come up when you least expect it and bang on your heart like waves crashing against a sea. It makes you rethink everything. All the what if this and what if that start to come to mind. Being away from something or someone you love is a different type of heartbreak. One, not many can explain because most have never had to go through it. If you have gone through it, you'll understand.

There is an ache in my chest. I'm missing home already as we are just coming to a stop.

My father spoke to my mother, telling her to leave her bow as we don't want to come across as bad Navi.

As we came to a stop and approached the reef people, Navi, of a lighter blue color, almost teal, started to surround us.

A big guy, a little taller and stronger than my father, started to walk towards us. He came to a stop. "I see you, Tonowari." My whole family said, following my fathers movements.

As they conversed, I saw a Navi that looked to be about my age pass through the people. 'He must be the cheifs son.' I thought to myself. A younger boy, looking to be my brother's age, passed with him as well.

My brother and I did the 'I see you' sign, but they just scoffed and started laughing about our tails. "Why is it so thin?" The older male chuckled.

Just then, the Tahink came into sight. She looked to be pregnant and about the same age as my mother.

As more time passed, she went up to my brother and started to humiliate him. Me and my mother glared at her.

After more arguing and disagreements, they finally said we could stay. "My children Aonung and Tsireya will teach you our ways and show you around." The cheif stated.

"But father, why do i -" The boy from earlier came up to him and started to disagree about it. 'Just great,' I thought to myself.

"Come, I will show you our village!" A very happy voice said. The voice came from Tsireya. My brother seemed to be eyeing her. Something would definitely be happening between them from the looks of it.

Anoung followed close behind me. My parents and siblings were a little bit ahead of me, considering I was left trying to get my bow unstuck from Ake'zes back.

I felt a hand touch my tail. I turned around quickly as I hissed. "Woah, alright.. chill." The cheifs son chuckles.

"Don't touch skxowng." I said almost in a whisper. Why did I suddenly lose my voice? I questioned myself.

As we all got situated in our rooms, mother called for a family meeting. We all had our own rooms, which was nice.

"Be on your best behavior and don't do anything stupid. Also, there is a party here in a couple of weeks to celebrate Eywa. Me and your mother might get a little crazy so don't do anything stupid." My father states. We all go to stand up, but before we can leave, my mother speaks up. "And if my sweet children do fall in love, please tell us and again don't do something stupid." She smiled.

We were all exhausted but we had a lesson. Tuk stayed behind because she needed to sleep. The rest of us went to the lesson.

"Hello everyone!" Tsireya chirped, Aonung stood next to her, rolling his eyes. Another boy was there, Aonungs friend from earlier.

"This is Roxto, and this is my brother, Aonung. I am Tsireya. Today, you guys will go in pairs and be given a tour of the island." She states, "The groups have already been picked. Me with Lo'ak. Kiri with Roxto. And Aonung with Neteyam."

As we all set off in separate directions, there was an awkward silence between me and this boy.

"So, where are we going to go first?" I asked.

"What would you like to see?" He asked, smirking down at me. I gave him a confused look before looking around.

"What is that?" I asked, pointing to three big rocks.

"That is three brothers rock. It's where I go to be alone because no one else goes there." He states as he starts walking towards there. I just follow him.

"So, tell me more about you." Aonung says as he sits down, resting his back against a rock. I sit next to him.

"Uhhh, I dont know what to start with." I nervously chuckled.

"You don't need to be nervous, I don't bite." He chuckled. How did he know? I tried to play it off.

"I am not nervous.. this.. uhh." I started, but Aonung was staring into my eyes with a deep intensity while he smirked.

We have just met, and he already gives me butterflies. I wonder if he likes boys too.

"Neteyam, I have a question." Aonung mumbled with a raspy voice. I blushed at the sound.

"Ye..yes." I stammered.

"Who are you taking to the party in a couple of weeks?" He questions as his big hand moved a braid out of my face.

"We are supposed to take someone?" I questioned. He nodded back. I sighed. "Well, most of the girls here find me to be a freak, and it is just my first day here. So I don't think I will have someone to go with."

"That really sucks... for you." The cheifs son chuckles. I glared at him. "You have to have someone to dance with, or you get kicked out of the party. It's a sacred tradition."

"Oh..." I stated. I figured we should continue the tour. "Shall we continue on this tour?"

"Sure.. where would you like to go next?" Aonung questions.

"Do you have any forest area around here?" I asked sheepishly.

"Yeah, we have a little forest just behind these rocks." He chuckles lightly.

"Can we go see it?" I say, standing up in excitement.

"Sure." He states.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

After a day with Aonung of touring, I felt a very weird feeling in my stomach. Something was happening, and it deeply confused me.

I sat at the dinner table on the mat, picking at the berries in front of me. My mother seemed to have noticed.

After dinner, she pulled me outside of the hut onto the deck. "What is wrong, my son?" She questioned.

"I just miss home.. that's all." I state as I look out into the ocean.

"Neteyam... I can see something deeper than that is bothering you." She chuckles lightly. "Whenever you want to tell me, know I am here."

She lightly pats my shoulder and leaves me to my own devices. I decided a late night swim wouldn't hurt a bit, so that's what I did.

♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎

1148 words!!

Thank you for reading!!

Please tell me what you would like to see in future chapters of this story. Just make sure it goes with the storyline!!!

Have a blessed day!!! <3