Chapter 8 - Dreams and Avoidance

Neteyams pov -

After that day, a week had passed, and we all were hanging out. I still wasn't used to Aonung being all over me, so I started to push him off around our friends.

It's not that I was embarrassed of him.. I'm just not used to it. So, eventually, after everyone parted ways, he came up to me, and I knew what he would ask.

"Hey, Neteyam!" He called out.

"Yes." I stated blankly.

"Why are you pushing me off when we are around everyone?" He questioned. "When we are alone, you don't. Are you embarrassed of me?"

"No! I am not embarrassed of you, my love." I stated. "I just.."

I didn't know what to say or do. I didn't wanna say I wasn't used to it because then he would just say get used to it. I know that's what I should do, but I just don't know how I am going to do that.

"Just what.." He chuckles.

"I don't know." I stated.

"Am I being too touchy or clingy. Because if that's the case, I'll stop." He frowns. "Goodnight, Ma Neteyam."

"Wait! Aonung!" I called out, but he just kept walking.

Shoot! I'm messing everything up.

I quickly walked back to my pod and laid down on my hammock.

"You okay, bro?" Lo'ak questioned as he and Tsireya made bracelets.

"Yes.. I'm just tired." I stated as I started to drift to sleep.

"Alright..." I heard Lo'ak say.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

During the night, I kept tossing and turning, trying to sleep. It's so hard to sleep when Aonung isn't here with me.

I quickly got up and started to walk to his pod as quietly and carefully as I could.

"Aonung!" I whisper shouted through his window covering.

I heard some shuffling before the curtain flew up. "What is it, Neteyam?" He says sleepily.

"I can't sleep without you. Can I stay here?" I practically begged.

"Who's the clingy one now?" He chuckles.

"Please, Aonung!" I whisper shouted.

"No. Remember, I'm too clingy." He dramtically sighs. I gave him the saddest puppy dog eyes I could give.

"Neteyam! Stop it!" He whispers as his eyes soften at my face. "You skxowng! Fine... fine! You can stay here. Put the puppy dog eyes away!"

A smile crept onto my face as I climbed through the opening, and he shut the curtain behind me. He got back into his hammock as I followed.

I laid on his chest and snuggled closely into him. "I love you, Ma Aonung..." I trailed off as I started to fall asleep.

"I love you too, my beautiful Neteyam." He chuckles as he kisses my forehead.

A few seconds later, I was already drifting off into a deep sleep.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I woke up, and I was in my own hut. I guess Aonung brought me back when he woke up.

I groaned as I stretched. As I went and met up with the others, I sat beside Aonung.

This time, he wasn't as touchy. He barely even glanced at me. He wasn't putting his arm around my waist and trying to kiss my forehead. He wasn't trying to hold my hand even! What the heck!?!?