Chapter 8 - Stay With Me

Words - 940

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

-Neteyams pov-

I woke up, and to my surprise, Aonung was on the floor next to me. "Aonung.." I whisper shouted. I tapped on his shoulder because it was the only part of his body in my reach.

He tilted his head up. "What is wrong, prince?" He questioned in a sleepy state. I blushed at the nickname.

"Uhm.. I.." I couldn't figure out what to say. I was trembling.

"Are you okay?" He chuckles.

"I'm... I'm fine." I stated as I tried to get up. "Ughhh," I groaned, forgetting I couldn't walk on my own.

"Let me help." He sighs as he gets up. "You have your physical therapy today."

He lifted me to my feet and carried me to the reef. We went to a part of the reef that was far from others, so we didn't have to worry about people seeing us. Mainly me. I was scared of the judgment I would get.

We went to a shallow end of the water, and he worked on moving my ankles around to get them working while I held onto his shoulders.

"I'm sorry you have to help with this.." I sighed, feeling ashamed. He just chuckled.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. It is me who should be apologizing to you." He chuckles. "My old friend was crazy. None of this is your fault."

"But it is -"

"No, Neteyam, it is not. Now hush." He sighs.

"But -

"No."

I sighed. I felt incredibly bad for Aonung as he had to pay for his old friends' actions.

After physical therapy, we went to a nearby forest to eat lunch. Aonung set me on the ground next to a tree while he went to get fruits.

He disappeared for a minute, leaving me all alone. A couple of Aonungs friends approached. Uh oh..

"Well, look who it is!" One shouted as they got closer. "Did Aonung already leave you to die?!"

"We can beat you up for making our friend get kicked out of the pod, you know!" One of his friends suggested.

"Let's do it." They stated as they began to beat me up.

After about five minutes, they were done and walked away laughing. I was lying on the ground in pain. There were lots of bruises on my stomach, and my nose was bleeding from them punching it.

My breath started to pick up its pace, and I knew what was happening. I was having a panic attack now. Shoot...

I clutched my stomach. "Aonung.." I whisper shouted as my voice had gone out. I couldn't go anywhere, and I had no idea where Aonung had gone. I started to cry, and my vision got blurry.

Just then, I heard a voice screaming my name. "Neteyam!" Aonungs voice shouted.

I was too panicked to do anything. I felt his arms wrap around my fragile body and hold me in his lap as he cradled me.

"Aonung.." I whispered as I cried.

"Shhh, I'm here, Neteyam. I'm here.." He sighs. "Breath for me... breath.."

He took my hand in his and placed it on his heart. It was beating fast, but it was calming.

Eventually, I had calmed down, and my breathing slowed. My vision came back, and now I was looking up at Aonung.

"Aonung.." I mumbled as I winced in pain.

"Who did this to you?" He questioned as he moved some pieces of hair out of my face.

"It hurts, Aonung.." I mumbled, clutching his hand that was holding mine.

"I know, and I'm gonna make you better, I promise." He states as he picks me up and starts carrying me somewhere. I wasn't really paying attention to where we were going. I was trying to focus on him, so I didn't panic again. "I need you to tell me who did this, Neteyam.."

Eventually, we made it back to his hut, and he went to the bathroom area. He set me on the bathtub side as he kneeled in front of me with some healing medicine for my stomach. He handed me a leaf to dry up my nose with.

He gently applied the medicine to which I winced and clutched his arm. "Ow, ow!" I huffed.

"I know, it will stop hurting soon.." He sighs.

After that very painful experience, we went to his room, and he gave me a bowl of berries. I laid on his hammock with my top half against the wall as he sat in front of me. "Who did this, Neteyam?"

I looked down as tears filled my eyes. "If I tell you, they will hu..hurt me again.." I mumbled, tears falling down my face uncontrollably.

"No, Neteyam, I'll make sure they won't. Now, who did this?" He questioned once again.

I set the bowl on the wooden table next to his hammock. "It.. it was your old friend group..." I sobbed, covering my face with my hands.

I felt the hammock shift as he moved to lay next to me. He wrapped his arm around me, embracing me in a hug. I punched his chest, trying to push him off, but he wouldn't let me go.

Eventually, I gave up and just hugged back and cried into his chest. "I'm so sorry, Aonung! I couldn't stop them!" I cried out.

"Shhh, don't be sorry, prince.." He sighs, kissing my forehead. The sudden nickname and kiss made me calm down a little bit. He seemed to take notice of this and did it again.

After a while, I stopped crying and felt my eyes get heavy as I drifted into a deep sleep.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡