The creatures- Chapter 10

I took in a sharp breath as the footsteps became louder.

"I asked who's there."

After taking in another deep breath. I thought about the last couple of weeks and the pain that I've gone through.

I opened my mouth to speak but I wasn't able to utter a word.

Eventually I did the only thing that my body would allow me to do. Run.

Jolting up, I began sprinting towards the opposite direction of the voice. I went as fast as my weak body would take me, and I eventually ended up collapsing. I lay on the dirty, muddy ground, as I heard the faint noise of the unknown person run towards me.

The person let out a gasp as they got nearer, they must have seen me. I opened one eye to take a peak at who was now only about 4 metres away, but all that I managed to see were their legs.

I mentally prayed that they'd kill me, end my life there and then. But I received no such luck as the voice soon spoke again.

"Julia?" They questioned.

I was too weak to speak. I simple nodded my head once.

"Oh my! What happened to you?"

I explained the whole story to Jay who I had avoided since the night me, him and Ella had to share a blanket and I decided he was a douche. Now that I spoke to him I realised that he was actually okay, not friend material but he was decent.

After he gave me some leftover food that he had, he began leading me towards the new group camp. He informed me of all the deaths including Rainie's and some other people who I didn't get to know well enough. For a moment I felt really guilty, but somehow my brain pushed all of my feelings away.

I felt really surprised that my body wasn't being controlled. It had been most of the time ever since I left the group.

At around evening, we began our long journey to the camp.

------------

It's an update! I haven't updated in over a month so I'm very sorry for that... If you like this chapter then please vote and comment any suggestions as my target for this chapter is 8-10 votes :)