The Creatures- chapter 12

The next few days got more difficult at camp. I was constantly getting glares and looks of pity from a few of the other group members.

A group of 6 had left camp the day before. Both Jay and Ella were in that group. I volunteered to go but was not chosen.

The day had began as cloudy and rainy. To add to all of our problems, someone stole a ration of the food which caused massive tension in the camp.

I tried to stay away from all of the arguing by visiting the gorgeous tree but it constantly reminded me of Jay and Ella, and how I may never get to see them again.

After a couple of minutes, I couldn't stand being reminded of the only two people left who I actually care about. Deciding that I'd rather avoid the arguments at the camp, I went further away from it.

After around 10 minutes I stopped.

I heard whispers in my head.

By now I knew that this meant that there were Creatures near by. It also meant that they were most likely planning to attack.

Without thinking, I immidiately turned around and sprinted back towards camp as fast as my weak legs would take me.

The whispers grew louder.

I collapsed from exhaustion only around half way to camp. My lungs felt like they were about to explode and I could barely feel my legs.

I tried to pull myself up, but everytime I tried, I failed.

The whispers continued to become louder until they clouded my thoughts.

I began to slowly crawl back to camp on my hands and knees, however I immidiately realised that I would never make enough progress. Using all of my strength, I stood up.

My legs were wobbly and my breathing was rapid. I ignored the dreadful pain and began running back to the camp.

As soon as I arrived, I was greeted by a few smiles, but mostly blank faces.

Ignoring my great will to turn around, save myself and leave the others to be attacked, I spoke up:

"Please, everyone listen to me! There are dozens of creatures approaching, we must choose to either evacuate or fight!"

I looked back up to see many confused faces, but no one seemed concerned.

Soon enough, I heard a voice shout from towards the back of the camp.

"Don't bother listening to her, she's mental, she probably made the whole thing up!"

I knew who said is straight away.

"Are you kidding me, Jade? Why would I lie about something like this?"

Nobody seemed to believe me, it was my word against hers.

What they hadn't known was that not listening to me was one of the biggest mistakes that they would ever make.

-----

I know that there are plenty of spelling and grammar mistakes in this, but this was written really quickly and I have no time to check it.

I hate this chapter, but I owe everyone who reads this an update.

Please do vote and comment if you enjoy the story!