Chapter 14

My eyes unintentionally lit up when Star boy drove the silver Mark X at my business door. I clapped and danced excitedly.

Star boy came out of the car, with the door still opened he leaned on the vehicle and tilted his head.

"I miss that smile" he teased

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever"

 I couldn't control the plastering smile on my lips.

Star boy walked towards me and dangled the keys in front of me.

"For you black queen"

I giggled and blushed.

Star boy grinned and folded his lips.

"Now you going to be the sexiest black queen around here"

I nodded. I was too excited to be mad at him today. I really needed this car. Star boy seems to always know how to sweep me off my feet. This is why I can't just replace him with anyone. Him a king in a earth. Just not so kingly were my fairy tale is concerned.

"Let's go out later"

"Drink some Moscato and eat steam roast fish"

"You know? The things you like"

As much as the offer was tempting I couldn't cancel on Cedric.

He treated me like such a goddess the other night and from time to time a girl needs just that.

"Uhm I can't, I have a zoom meeting with two clients"

"Tomorrow night for sure" I bit into the side of my cheek hoping I didn't disappoint him too much. The look in his eyes told me that I did so I leaned forward and peeked his lips.

"Thank you so much Nyla daddy"

"You are truly the best"

He gazes at me and our eyes locked.

"One day I will win your heart again"

"We are meant to be, I just know it"

I looked away and blinked repeatedly with hopes that I might get rid of the urge to order him to take me home and make sweet love to me. I tried to console my emotions with a soft cough.

Despite all odds, one thing remains true, he was still the man I love.