Steve Harrington X Fem Reader

"(Y/N)! Where the fuck are you going?!" Billy shouted as I got out of the car.

     "Away from you, asshole! We're done!" We were having another stupid fight and this time I was done. I slammed the car door shut and threw my Jean jacket on as I turned and ran towards the Starcourt Mall. I was sick of him flirting with other girls and women at the pool when he has a girlfriend...me. I was sick of his anger issues being taken out on me. I was sick of watching him treat his sister Max like garbage and argue that it was for her own good. I was sick of being embarrassed by his anger outbursts in public, I was sick of being associated with him and his bullying behavior towards everyone. I was sick of him. I needed something to ease my mind and distract me from the pain I felt from the last beating I would hopefully ever receive from Billy.

   I walked into the food court and took a breather as I looked around. Chinese food? No, that didn't sound good....corn dogs? Nah, too greasy....Ice cream?...perfect! That'll do perfectly. I walked into Scoops Ahoy. I approached the counter, no one was there. I furrowed my brow. I looked on the counter, and there was a bell, with a note that said "Ring for Service." I shrugged and tapped it.

    *ding ding*

    Nothing happened. I waited a minute then rang it again.

   *ding ding*....*ding ding*....*ding ding ding ding*

   "Alright I hear you! I'm coming gimmie just a damn minute!" I heard. Suddenly the door on the wall behind the counter swung open. Out walked none other than Steve 'The Hair' Harrington, wearing a dopey looking sailor uniform. I bit my lips together and covered my mouth, stifling a laugh as he walked up.

    "Hey! I didn't know you worked here!" I choked out. He sighed with an annoyed look on his face as he saw me.

   "Yeah yeah, go on laugh it up." He groaned. I shook my head, pushing down my urge to laugh.

   "No no, Steve, I'm sorry. It's just, your uniform is adorable." I said. Steve furrowed his brow looking between me and his uniform.

   "You're an awful liar, (Y/N)." He said. I shook my head.

   "No, I'm not lying to you, I swear." I said, holding up my hands in surrender. Steve leaned to the side, looking past me, and around me.

   "So...where's your boy toy huh? He uh...he ditch you again or something?" He asked. I shook my head, putting my hands in my Jean jacket pockets to keep myself from fiddling with my fingers. I took a deep breath before I answered.

    "No, um...Actually, I ditched him...for good." I admitted. Steve raised his eyebrows in surprise, his eyes staring at me in confusion and shock.

    "You mean...you mean you dumped him?" He asked. I nodded, scratching a spot on my eyebrow.

    "Yep. He um...he kinda struck my last nerve. Guess I got fed up with him being possessive of me and then flirting and hooking up with random women at the pool during his lifeguard shifts.....among other things.." I admitted. Steve leaned in, his brow furrowed again. His eye narrowed at my face. I looked back at him confused.

"What?" I asked. He touched his eyebrow.

"You're bleeding right here." Steve pointed out. I reached up to my eyebrow and touched where Steve just gestured on his own face. I lifted my finger and there was blood. Shit...I knew he left bruises on my body but I didn't think he left marks on my face this time...must've been the backhand he gave me with his rings on. I sighed.

"Dammit.." I hissed under my breath. Steve tapped his fingers on the counter for a second. Finally, he swung his head back towards the door.

"Ok, c'mon (Y/N)." He said, starting to walk towards the back door, where he came from before.