Chapter 4

It had been two weeks since Jungkook and his friends had come to your shop

It had been two weeks since Jungkook and his friends had come to your shop. Two weeks since he had walked into your life and made you feel like he had: like he was the center of the universe, and you were going to gravitate back to him, no matter what you did.

You had never really experienced that before. Irrational attraction, that is. You had your share of sexcapades, that was for sure, but nothing had felt like only a look from Jungkook had felt. And maybe that was why he kept haunting your nights, to the point that you'd wake up feeling hot and bothered.

You were going crazy, for someone you barely even knew. Someone you had only touched through the gloves you wore when you tattooed your clients, yet someone your fingers were itching to touch again.

That night, when you had gone home, you had half expected him to dm you right away. But he hadn't, remaining stubbornly silent, hitting you with his own mystery. A mystery that slowly turned into a reality, as he didn't come back into your life.

It was like the tattoos had never happened, as if you had imagined him and his friends standing there in your shop. If it wasn't for the pictures of the tattoos that you had seen moving around the internet, you would have truly thought he'd just been a fever dream. The thing is, he hadn't been, and your body was aching to see him again.

If only you had given him your phone number...

It was a thought that entertained your dreams, late at night, but even in your waken hours. It was strange, how he'd made you weak so easily, with just his physical presence. Even his absence rendered you weak now, and you hated it.

Hated the power he had gained over you.

It was strange, really, how intrigued you were with him. Because again it wasn't like you, to be attracted to someone like that, wishing you hadn't let them go. And it wasn't because he was Jeon Jungkook, no, it fully was because of the tension that had taken over you. Over him, too, from the looks of it.

It led you to wonder if he did that with many girls. Flirt, that is. Offered them pieces of himself, scattering himself to the four corners of the Earth without a single regret. It was a show of liberty, in your imagination, something you fully agreed with. Something you experienced more than enough, though you rather liked your mystery.

You rather liked that nobody in the field really knew who you were, apart from your Instagram name. It let you have more control over your own life, and God knew how much you liked control. Not to the point of being obsessive, but you liked to know what was going on, all the time.

And maybe that was mostly why Jungkook still haunted your thoughts. Because you had no idea where he was, what he'd been doing, after making you feel like he was the center of the universe. After making your body react to his in such a way.

"Are you even listening to me?" your friend Aera asked.

Your brain focused back to the present, and to the restaurant around you. To the clatter of the chopsticks and spoons on the plates and bowls, and to the buzzing of conversation. To the sizzling of the meat on the grill, and the smoke that twirled in the air between you and Aera.