Chapter 8

You had been laughing for a while now

You had been laughing for a while now. Ever since Jungkook had come to pick you up, with his little bucket hat and wide doe eyes. Ever since he had put on his favourite songs, and he danced to them, trying to pull you into the choreography. Trying to convince you to dance to 'That That', shooting finger guns at you as you giggled in the passenger seat, telling him to focus on the road.

Jeon Jungkook was different today. Carefree, as if he wasn't lost in his depths anymore. As if his vulnerability didn't matter anymore. As if you were young and reckless, with no responsibilities, other than that of enjoying life.

And maybe that was all there was to do, in the few days you were going to be out of the city. That, and celebrate your birthday, with the people that had started mattering more to you than you had thought they ever would.

Business deal included.

After the anniversary of Soobin's death and Jungkook's invitation, something had changed between you two. He had texted you every day, called you every day, claiming you needed to plan everything for the trip. A strange thing, because there wasn't much to plan.

It had led to some of the best phone sex in your entire life, though. Jungkook guiding you, with that beautiful voice of his...

It had been good phone sex indeed.

"Are you hungry?" Jungkook asked after a small moment of silence, between the two songs playing on the car speakers.

You pouted, shrugging your shoulders. "Not particularly. But I know you always are."

He smiled devilishly. "Especially for you."

You burst out laughing, punching him in the shoulder. "You are disgusting."

He offered you a small pout, with his wide doe eyes set in an innocent and childlike expression. It made you roll your eyes, and his giggle filled the air around you.

Lighting an atmosphere that was already light.

"I'm going to stop soon to get some food, do you want me to get anything for you?"

You said no, because really you weren't hungry at all. Yet when Jungkook sat back in the car, he handed you some sotteok. You looked at him, before taking the food, cocking an eyebrow.

"I know you said you weren't hungry but..." he trailed off, as he watched you take a bite.

The smile he offered you then made you forget who you were for a time.

"Thank you", you said when you swallowed your bite.

It filled you with warmth, how Jungkook was caring, suddenly. As if seeing the darkness in your eyes, a few days ago, had changed something between you two. Maybe it had, though you weren't fool enough to let it get to your head.

It was just a business deal, and he had only invited you because your friends were going.

But when he had said he'd be the one driving you... it was hard not to believe that it meant something. Especially as he seemed so... happy to be there with you. With his bright smile that made your heart stutter in your chest.