Chapter 1 - The Wish

(A/N: Seven years later, and I finally finished rewriting the first chapter... I am sad. Also, since this is the only chapter that has been edited, the next few chapters might not making sense/connect up to what this chapter says. Sorry about that, trying to edit the rest now!)

(Percy's point-of-view)

It's been a month since the Giant War ended, and everything is... well, perfect, even if that's hard to believe. Like, for example, there hasn't been many monster attacks on Camp. Oh, and also, Titans and Primordials stopped trying to assume world domination.

Woo.

Everything seemed to be going smoothly up until today, my 17th birthday.

🌊

For once, I woke up not screaming or flailing in pain, but from the sun seeping through my window. Part of me was pretty happy I woke from something so peaceful, yet another part was mad that I was actually awake.

But, hey, at least I'm not going to school today.

I heaved myself out of bed, threw on a Camp tee and jeans, attempted to fix my hair (keyword, attempted), brushed my teeth, and- I think you get the idea.

I had just slipped on my sneakers when I heard, "Hey, Seaweed Brain," which, naturally, caused me to fall onto my face. Hastily, I picked myself up and crossed my arms. "Don't laugh at me." I pouted.

Annabeth laughed and came to me with a small box. "Happy birthday," She pecked me on my cheek and handed me the box.

I looked at the box, then back up to Annabeth. "You didn't have to get me anything else."

"Else?"

"Being my girlfriend is the best gift I could ever get."

She rolled her eyes but smiled nonetheless. "That was cheesy. And a bit cringy." (A/N: Not as cringy as this story, Annabeth.)

"Hey, it's true," I shrugged and lifted off the top of the box. Inside was a small card. I opened it and immediately sighed. "Of course it's in English." I took a deep breath and began to read, "You are..." Sweet sacred sun cows, I couldn't even get past the third word. "Cord-di-ally? What?"

"Cordially," Annabeth answered. I made an understanding ah sound, and continued reading.

"You are cordially invited to Percy's Fancy Fish Fiasco," I groaned after reading the title of the event. "That's even cringier than what I said."

"It was Leo."

I nodded, "That makes sense." I focused back on the card. "Just kidding, it's Percy's B-Day party. I just wanted to sound fancy." I finished monotonously.

Annabeth made an irritated groan-like sound. "He actually put that in? I told him not to."

I snorted, picturing Annabeth berating Leo while he frantically scribbled words onto the card. "Party's at 6, ends whenever it ends."

Annabeth glanced at her watch, that she just-so-happened to have with her. "It's three if you're wondering. We've got three hours to prepare, and you've got three hours to fix your... that." She generally motioned to my unruly hair, chuckling. "Gods, Percy, did you use a pine cone for a brush?" I couldn't blame her for the thought. It was bad.

"Hey, in my defense, I can't control it. The sea doesn't like to be restrained!" Then I frowned. "Wait, I slept until three? Why didn't anyone bother to wake me up?"

My girlfriend laughed as she walked away. "Birthday boys get to sleep in."

🌊