Chapter 9 - Telling The Camp

~3rd Person POV~

After Frank explained the whole 'Punk Percy' thing, each of the 7, and Nico, took turns telling about their experiences with him.

Annabeth told Percy about all the fights they had and how they broke up.

Jason told about how he actually had to electrocute Percy one time.

Piper told why Jason had to electrocute him, which was because he kept flirting with her.

Nico told about how Percy angered him so bad, Nico almost strangled him to death.

Leo told had the same problem, except he almost burned Percy to death, even though Percy is hard to burn. That's how mad he was.

Frank told about how Percy kept teasing and making animal jokes about him, but stopped after Frank nearly lost it and threatened to maul Percy to death as a bear.

And Hazel told about how Percy kept flirting with her, but stopped once he saw Piper.

So, basically, Punk Percy was really good at angering people to the point that they wanted to kill him.

By the end of all their stories, Percy felt horrible and guilty.

"So much for that 'loyalty flaw'." Percy joked, smiling weakly.

"Don't blame yourself, dude. It wasn't really you." Leo reasoned.

Percy nodded, though he somehow knew it was really him, causing that guilty feeling to return.

"At least you can tell the camp you're back to normal." Hazel pointed out.

"Me?" Percy laughed. "Yeah, like they'll believe me."

"Why wouldn't they believe you?" Annabeth asked.

Suddenly, Percy walked out his cabin, motioning for the others to watch.

Percy went up to the nearest camper: Katie Gardner.

"Hey, Katie! Guess what? The spell broke!" Percy exclaimed, smiling cheerfully.

Katie threw her head back and laughed. Then she socked him in the stomach, causing Percy to double over. Percy walked back to his cabin, holding his stomach.

The 7, who watched and heard the whole thing, asked if Percy was okay.

"And that proves my point that they don't believe me." Percy responded, groaning in pain. "You're going to have to tell them."

Jason stood up. "Okay, let's go."

-----

(A/N: I'm just going to refer "the 7" as Annabeth, Leo, Nico, Jason, Piper, Hazel, and Frank.)

As the 7 were telling everyone the news, Percy sat on his bed and had a conversation with himself.

'What will they think of me now? Will they think I'm weak?' He thought, but shook his head afterwards. 'No, stop, Percy. You and I both know you're not weak.'

'You and I?'

'I'm your thoughts. And you're you.'

'Oh.'

Percy stood up from his bed and turned on his radio. (A/N: He turned it off when Frank was explaining the Punk Percy story.)

"Tried to break love to a science

in an act of pure defiance.

I broke her heart."

'Well, huh.' Percy thought, just now realizing today he turned 18. 'That's weird...'

"As I pulled apart her theories,

as I watched her growing weary.

I pulled her apart.

Having heavy conversations

About the furthest constellations

of our souls."

"Knock, knock." Hazel said from outside.

"Come in." Percy replied.

The knobs of the two doors opened and revealed, pretty much, the whole camp behind the 7, even Chiron.

"Oh gods, no." Percy muttered. He did not want to be tackled in a bear hug by who knows how many campers.

And so, he made his choice.

He dashed out.

--------

(A/N: The song is "Science & Faith" by The Script! It's a REALLY, REALLY, REALLY GOOD SONG!)